Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Work, work, work

Oh yes we love working because we earn and show the talents and skills GOD has given us.

But does GOD really want us to get tired from working?

Proverbs 23:4
"Do not wear yourself out to get rich;
have the wisdom to show restraint."

We all deserve to taste the good life especially followers of CHRIST but according to GOD's Will.

I love this verse. I am a person who knows when to move and when to stop. I don't know why. Something that drives me is an article I've read about knowing when to say 'NO.' Also this verse...

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

I have concluded after all these verses to not wear my body out just because I want to impress others of my excellence in the workplace. I do not live to please people. I live to please GOD. GOD will take care of those people for me. I believe and will gain victory above all my worries in every aspect of my life.

I've also read something about insomnia. One of the things advised to insomniacs is to never read when already lying in bed. The only purpose of the bed is for sleeping. I was astounded by this revelation from GOD. I have decided to never bring my work at home. Home is for family and rest that's why it's called home.

Proverbs 3:33
"The LORD's curse is on the house of the wicked,
but he blesses the home of the righteous."

Proverbs 15:31
"He who listens to a life-giving rebuke
will be at home among the wise."

I chose these verses because of certain revelations for me. May you listen to what GOD is telling you right now.

It's either literally bringing your work and emotionally bringing your work with you at home. I've made it a point to never work at home. Unless you really work at home. hehehe! Of course, work has its own time. Also, I make it a point to stop thinking of work once I'm home. It prevents me from having stress. Maybe that's why so many people say I look like I'm 17. hahaha! Whatever problems I have at work, I leave it there. Based from my personal experience, it's all worth it. I give GOD all the praises of the wisdom HE has gifted me. I am not worthy but HE deserves all the glory that is revealed in my life.

I want to share with you Zechariah's story:
Luke 1:18-25
Zechariah asked the angel, "How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years."

19The angel answered, "I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. 20And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their proper time."

21Meanwhile, the people were waiting for Zechariah and wondering why he stayed so long in the temple. 22When he came out, he could not speak to them. They realized he had seen a vision in the temple, for he kept making signs to them but remained unable to speak.

23When his time of service was completed, he returned home. 24After this his wife Elizabeth became pregnant and for five months remained in seclusion. 25"The Lord has done this for me," she said. "In these days he has shown his favor and taken away my disgrace among the people."

He obeyed GOD. He knew how to differentiate service from home. He has been given GOD's special favor.

Remember, even JESUS found time to get away from the crowd and rest. HIS home was and is with our FATHER. HE prayed when HE rested.

I leave you with this question...is work the most important thing in your life?

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!



2 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Great post! This is so very true. I see so many worry about money and working themselves into a frenzy. It's sad. All the money in the world can't make one feel completely fulfilled. Only God can do that.

I used to bring my work and frustrations home with me before being born again. It almost cost me my marriage. :( Believe me, it wasn't worth it.

~hon~ said...

Oh I'd have to agree with you. Honestly, I believe we have similar thoughts when it comes to our faith. I'm delighted that you found your home in GOD.

GOD saved your marriage. You are truly a blessing to me.

~hon~