Friday, December 19, 2008

Be Wise in Shopping

I have been a spend-aholic person before. I used to spend every money that I have just for the sake of buying/spending. Whenever I have money, I just spend and spend. Spend on this. Spend on that. Just to please myself and please others. But then, I wasn't raised like this. The devil will do everything to get you. And he will use your thoughts and your surroundings, too. You know you don't want to do it but still there's something that makes you want to do it. You know what I mean? hehehe! I have tried to do unpleasant things just because of trying to please myself and others. It left me with so many debts and avoidable troubles in life.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

If you know you are not happy with what you are becoming, you should already know that the thief doesn't have anything in mind but to steal every good thing away from you, kill every bit of your being and destroy every aspect of your life.

When GOD transformed me last year, HE took away the cussing, unnecessary thoughts, worldly whatnots and being materialistic. Today, whenever I see something that I like, I always stop and think if it will be very essential for me not only now but for the days to come. For example a shirt, I will stop and think. I'd then think that I still have clothes I can wear. I stop and think of the future. My future family and also my wedding sometime soon. hehehe! Then I'd always tell myself that if I still see that shirt after a week or so then it is meant for me but then I tend to forget. hahaha! Whenever I buy things for others, I do not buy expensive and unimportant things anymore. I once told a youth, "I only give gifts that edify the soul spiritually." Btw, she was asking me to have her phone fixed. As they say, you should also learn to say 'NO' because discipline for youths are very much needed so they may know what's essential in life. I've learned so much in life. Now, I do not want to spend. I always want large amount of bills in my envelopes that I keep. hehehe! But I also believe that we do not even have to go through certain situations to learn and understand things. Our love for GOD and HIS love for us will transform us. GOD DID IT ALL FOR ME! Now, I am confident to say that I do not borrow money from anyone anymore. Also, my mom taught me how to spend wisely and that thrift spending is not bad at all.

Anyway, I want to share a very good post from my friend Tammy's blog, Omah's Helping Hands, entitled "GLORIFYING GOD IN OUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING"

Not only our Christmas shopping but everyday-of-our-lives shopping. hehehe!

A very good post. Spending wisely is very essential nowadays. We don't need unnecessary purchases.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

BE WISE. ASK FOR GOD'S WISDOM.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD LOVES YOU ALWAYS!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

2 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Well put! Thanks for sharing the link to that message! I too think it is a message we must all think about consistently and not just at the holidays.

What a heart you have for the Lord. I absolutely love it!

God Bless You Abundantly my sweet friend. Much love to you.

~hon~ said...

Well, you have a wonderful heart, as well, my dear friend!