Thursday, December 4, 2008

Congratulations!


I have been friends with youths for more than a year now. A ministry entrusted to me by GOD.

The youths joined the Division Schools Press Conference (DSPC) and I've witnessed their devotion into making the school newspaper. They had a week break from school but instead of spending their vacation somewhere relaxing, they spent it at school spilling out their hearts into writing news and stuff.

I've also witnessed the hearts of these beautiful youths grow in GOD. One of my rewards is seeing them grow in CHRIST. They have learned to be humble and dedicate everything to GOD. All the time and effort. All those cell meetings. I miss them! More this coming week, I hope.

Proverbs 22:4
Humility and the fear of the LORD bring wealth and honor and life.

Today was the awarding ceremonies for the DSPC winners and also the announcement of winners. I missed it this year. I went last year. After 3 days of sharing their brains through writing, everyone was anticipating for the announcement of winners.

Around 4pm earlier, the teacher-in-charge sent a text message to my mom and informed her that Miss ELISHA RANDEE VARGAS (Elisha loves pink hehehe) won FIRST PLACE in EDITORIAL WRITING and Miss DEENA MAE DAROY won FOURTH PLACE in PHOTO JOURNALISM. I am just so happy for them! Even if we rarely talk nowadays because of busy schedules, I can still see the hearts they have for GOD and I know that they have prayed for this. Elisha is a very gifted girl when it comes to writing and that's why she really focused on being the Editor-in-Chief of the school's paper. She will be a blessing, as well, when she goes to college. Deena is a very talented girl, as well. She is good with the high-tech stuff. hehehe! She has so many gadgets but then she stays humble about them. These youths live for GOD's glory! GOD IS A GOOD PROMISE KEEPER!

All the sacrifices paid off, guys. All the prayers answered. We have a long way to go still. Giving up should not be in sight.

Every child of GOD is the head never the tail.

Psalm 108:13
"With God we will gain the victory,..."
Proverbs 2:7
He holds victory in store for the upright, He is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,

1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

GOD IS OUR VICTORY!

Elisha, Deena, Justine, Jerevy and Irene...I love you, guys! ALL OUR GLORIES BELONG TO GOD ALONE!

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! THE VICTORY IS ALREADY OURS IN CHRIST JESUS!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

*A new meaning "Praise Until Something Happens" given to me by Meili_Lo of Life Worth Remembering

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

1 comment:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

What a loving person you are. It is great that you have been involved in their lives.
Congratulations Deeena and Elisha.
It is such a comfort to see young people turn their hearts to the Lord! That is one thing I love about our church. They care about the youth and have some awesome programs for them. Praise the Lord for His movement in them. Thanks for sharing this.