Saturday, December 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Our friend in Christ, Iris of Grace Alone, is hosting Thankful Thursdays.

Well, I'm pretty late.

I still want to use my thanksgiving opportunity.

I do not want to take this chance to thank GOD for the material blessings that HE has given me.

Instead, I thank GOD for the gift of HIMSELF!

Today was a meditation day for me. I was able to ponder. I may be able to attain all the material things in the world but those will fade away. I was able to ponder on how GOD is sufficient for me with or without anyone or anything. Still, GOD IS FAITHFUL!

I may be like Job who has been tested. Everything was given but taken away from him but still he believed that GOD is sufficient enough for him. Apart from GOD, I am nothing. For all the blessings, I am not worthy but HE considers me HIS princess who deserves HIS love inspite of my unfaithfulness. I am not in a depressed state right now that's why I'm saying this. I don't know but I do not get to that point anymore. I owe it all to GOD. I do not feel empty anymore because GOD has filled in all the spaces. GOD IS MY LIFE!

I do not need to be sad or happy to be able to thank GOD. For in every season, HE deserves all our thanksgiving.

Of course, I'd want to take the opportunity to thank my Blogger friends. My newlyfound friends: Tammy of Omah's Helping Hands, Leslie of Random Thoughts and Random Pangs, Ms. Anonymous of NOT PERFECT - ONLY FORGIVEN, Kelly of Kelly Ann, and Chris of Simply Put. My Friday Funnies team in Homesteader's Heart (Kim, Susan, Laurie Ann, Sherry, Marsha, pticester). Thank you for your ever-faithful comments and for faithfully reading my posts even if we do not know each other personally. It really is a big deal for me that I have faithful friends inspite of the distance. Thank you for communicating with me as often as you can. I really appreciate it. The LORD has taken away some of my friends but replaced them with better and faithful ones. To GOD be the glory!

Lastly, my most beautiful blessing and my beloved best friend, Cody. Thank you for never giving up on me. Our complications shall take us to new and brighter heights with GOD. I love you with all of me, more than the words in the dictionary. You are the biggest earthly impact in my life. I will always love you. Thank you for your faithfulness and genuine love.

Give your thanksgiving today.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW WITH THANKSGIVING!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Hi hon,

Thank you for your encouraging words I find when I visit your blog. I'm glad you found the changes to Simply Put. I had to separate from Thousand Words. It was getting too hard to keep up.

~hon~ said...

You're very welcome. Btw, I've posted one of Elisha's articles if you haven't seen it yet. I can imagine how difficult it can be to have different kinds of articles mixed up in one blog. hehehe! Maybe that's why I have 3 blogs too. hehehe!

Michele Williams said...

Such a wonderful Thankful post. You are right... we don't need to be sad or happy to Thank our God. He is worthy of praise all the time and all situations. Blessings to you dear...

~hon~ said...

Michele ~> Yes HE is worthy! Thank you for your comment and GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.

Denise said...

Sweet blessings to you dear.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thanks hon, how sweet. I like the idea of Thankful Thursdays. There is so much to be thankful for.
I'm thankful for being led to you my dear friend.

God Bless you.