Monday, December 8, 2008

GOD exists

I was driven to post this because of a certain lost soul who refuse to believe in GOD.

I was driven to post this because my friend, Tammy (Omah's Helping Hands), had this as one of her posts.

I was driven to post this because I have received this message in my cellphone and my email.

Open your hearts. Free your mind.

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:

"I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer. "Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber:

"You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber.

"I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"

"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me."

"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't look to Him for help. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

I do not know who originally conveyed this story but credits to you, whoever you are. If you want to let me know, please do so and I'll gladly give you the credits, my dear friend.

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

LET US NOT GROW WEARY IN DOING GOOD.

P.U.S.H.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

3 comments:

^_^ said...

I'm glad I read this. I often stumble when trying to answer questions of how God could exist in a world with such pain and turmoil. I'm very very thankful that you posted this! Be blessed!!!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Wow! That is well said. I'm so glad you were told to post this. What an awesome way to point out God's existence. Would you mind if I comment on my blog and link it to you about this very story? Awesome piece hon. Absolutely love it.

~hon~ said...

I'm glad this post helped you, guys.

Leslie ~> yes, people seem to question the existence of GOD because of all the pain in the world but in everything, GOD has a purpose according to HIS Perfect Will.

Tammy ~> I don't mind if you put it in your blog. I love spreading GOD's Word and I love seeing others do it, too.

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO OUR FATHER ALONE!!!