Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Focus

I was praying for GOD to make me focus on our Devotional Walk this Tuesday. Truly, HE has been faithful. HE gave me revelations to let me stay on track.

Revelation # 1

"Blessed is he that considers the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble." ~>Psalm 41:1" ~Justine

A confirmation text message the other day.

Revelation # 2

Hebrews 13:16
And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

A confirmation verse through my devotions. One of my Scripture verses the other day.

Revelation # 3

I want to share my devotions today from my new Bible which is also a devotional Bible itself. I chose the devotions for Hebrews because I was about to get done with Hebrews.

The Meaning of Life

AFTER DECADES OF RESEARCH, George Callup Jr. listed the top spiritual needs of people today:

1. To believe that life is meaningful and has a purpose
2. To have a sense of community and deeper relationships
3. To be appreciated and respected
4. To be listened to
5. To feel they are growing in faith
6. To get practical help in developing a mature faith

Notice how many of the needs relate to relationships. That's because we are created to be relational people. GOD created us first to have a relationship with HIM and second to have relationships with one another. It is through our interactions with others that we find meaning in life. The Bible teaches that others will know whether our Christianity is genuine by looking at whether our love for each other is real (see John 13:35).

It's easy to love people who love us, but we are commanded to extend kindness and acts of service even to strangers. Doing so is a sign that our faith is dynamic and alive. GOD asks us to grow and mature by forgiving those who have wronged us. And Scripture instructs us to put others' needs ahead of our own, even if it's not convenient. That's how we show others we appreciate and respect them.

In Hebrews 13 the author instructs us concerning hospitality to strangers, marital relations and submission to authority - in essence, how to build relationships. But the whole catalog of interactions with others is rooted in, and gets its life source from, our relationship with JESUS. Our sacrifice of praise to GOD and our sacrifice of service to others are fundamentally linked to HIM. Our good works to others grow out of CHRIST's work in us, and that pleases HIM. None of our sacrifices for others are even comparable to the great sacrifice JESUS made in order to have a relationship with us. But the amazing thing is that when we offer the sacrifices of time, energy and good deeds to others, we not only grow closer to them, but we also grow closer to JESUS. In CHRIST, we find true meaning in our lives.

Scripture verses:

Hebrews 13:15-16
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

It does not say who wrote this. I tried to find it in my Bible so I'll just put the credits to my Bible which is a limited edition "New Women's Devotional Bible" from Zondervan.

While I was doing my toilet meditations (AGAIN), GOD gave me an insight while I was praying...

"I don't live for myself or for others. I am living for GOD. But IF I am living for GOD, then I must live for others, too, because HE loves them as much as HE loves me. No favoritism."

These are my wonderful revelations for the focus I am supposed to have til GOD and I meet. Won't you have an intimate relationship with our Creator? HE will give you a joyful life you never had before. Not just happiness but life entails trials but with CHRIST, we will be strengthened. Apart from GOD, we are nothing.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! YOU ARE VERY IMPORTANT IN GOD'S EYES!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

2 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Hi Sweet sister, you have a Christmas Spirit Award Awaiting you at my blog. I'll be back to read your postings in a bit.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

So well put. I really enjoyed your description of each scripture and message. The scriptures were perfect. No wonder I wasn't able to get to these last night. They were neaded this morning. Great way to start out the day!