Friday, December 12, 2008

Silence Please

Solitude is a gift.

I was going to post this last night but was too tired.

This was my sticker yesterday. A poster, rather.

"SILENCE PLEASE"

I was trying to find a sticker yesterday but couldn't find any til I came across this at school. Then the insight came upon me. Thank GOD!

Communication is a two-way process. There's the talker and the listener. When we communicate with GOD, we are given the chance to talk which is when we pray. The next step to that process is to listen. How do we listen? "SILENCE PLEASE"

We will never hear what GOD is telling us if we're focusing on others, if we're talking all the time, if we're too busy to listen, if we're too stubborn to listen and if we're too distant too listen. It takes a willing heart and a silent mind to listen. After listening, we heed.

LISTEN = SILENT

If GOD is not telling you something yet, you wait patiently and silently.

Noah Webster's Dictionary
Silence - absolute stillness; the cessation of rage, agitation, or tumult; calmness; quiet; as, the elements were reduced to silence

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Our GOD can do the most impossible things.

Expect the unexpected.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

2 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

This is so good and so true. I've recently heard someone say that we do not need to draw out a lengthy prayer. God knows what we are going to say. He just needs to know you understand. Pray, then sit quietly meditating and waiting on Him.
We must remember that He is not going to answer everytime right away. We must be patient so as not to miss Him when He does answer.

Thank you my dear friend for the great reminder. Much love to you. God Bless You.

~hon~ said...

I will keep your wise counsels in my heart. Thank you, my dear friend.

GOD is faithful with these reminders. Glory to HIM! God bless you, too and much love, as well.