Friday, December 5, 2008

Wheelchair


I was in awe when I saw a boy in a wheelchair when I was in the jeepney.

I saw him with all smiles on his face while his friend was pushing his wheelchair for him.

He doesn't have legs. He's merely a half-bodied person sitting on that chair.

What amazed me is that he was in his school uniform.

That gave me past memories of when I used to absent myself from school because I was too lazy to get up in the morning or listen to my teachers' lessons.

That gave me past memories of my ugly self back then. Ugly attitude.

I had so much fun and did what I wanted but then here is a boy who goes to school even when he sits in a wheelchair with just possessing half of his body.

I was really in awe and moved of that picture. In fact, I still couldn't get off my mind the big smile he had on his face.

I am burdened. Please help me pray for that boy.

For all the students out there, be good to your parents. You'll never know who ever desires to be in your place right now.

Some kids are ornery nowadays because they couldn't get a $2000-laptop or a Wii or an MP3 player or a $500-cellphone. Look around you. Look at the kids who would always want to be in your place right now. Look at the children who do not even eat 3 times a day. Look at the malnutritioned kids whose bones are poking from their skins. Look up to GOD. Thank HIM for all the blessings you have today. Thank HIM for HIS faithfulness in your life.

I remember Elisha (one of my young friends). She wanted to have a certain cellphone but she got a cellphone from her parents that she didn't desire so she got sad. But as she was reading the newspaper, she read an article about 2 little kids who eat 'salt dissolved in water and a cup of rice' everyday. Accidentally, the older child put 'monosodium glutamate' instead of salt and you know how that could kill you when taken in large amounts. Of course, they almost died but were saved. Elisha was very moved by this story that she learned to appreciate what she has right now. I am very happy of the growth in character of this youth! (Elisha, sorry I had to put it here. hehehe)

Make an impact. Make a different. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD IS BLESSING YOU ABUNDANTLY! SHARE YOUR SMILE TO SOMEONE TODAY! A SMILE IS A BLESSING! SHARE YOUR BLESSINGS, AS THEY SAY. GOD IS SO FAITHFUL IN YOUR LIFE. ALWAYS BE APPRECIATIVE OF EVERYTHING YOU HAVE.

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: