Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fire

I admire Spurgeon's articles and quotes. Below is one of my daily email devotionals. I was astounded when I read the article (Faith Checkbook by C.H. Spurgeon) and saw the Snippet for the Day. Enjoy GOD's revelation for you today.

"Through," Not Engulfed
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee" (Isaiah 43:2).

Bridge there is none: we must go through the waters and feel the rush of the rivers. The presence of God in the flood is better than a ferryboat. Tried we must be, but triumphant we shall be; for Jehovah Himself, who is mightier than many waters, shall be with us. Whenever else He may be away from His people, the LORD will surely be with them in difficulties and dangers. The sorrows of life may rise to an extraordinary height, but the LORD is equal to every occasion. The enemies of God can put in our way dangers of their own making, namely, persecutions and cruel mockings, which are like a burning, fiery furnace. What then? We shall walk through the fires. God being with us, we shall not be burned; nay, not even the smell of fire shall remain upon us. Oh, the wonderful security of the heaven-born and heaven-bound pilgrim! Floods cannot drown him, nor fires burn him. Thy presence, O LORD, is the protection of Thy saints from the varied perils of the road. Be-hold, in faith I commit myself unto Thee, and my spirit enters into rest.

Daily Snippet (situated at the right side of my blog):
Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth. ~Proverbs 26:20

They're both in King James Version and they both talk about fire.

NIV for the Daily Snippet:
Without wood a fire goes out;
without gossip a quarrel dies down. ~Proverbs 26:20

I want to encourage you that even if others don't do good to you, never gossip/slander about them. I've had a Christian friend badmouthed and gossiped about me even if I stayed silent but I already forgave her. Whatever happens, a friend must always be a friend. A friend must never gossip whatever ugly circumstances come along in the friendship.

Philippians 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Romans 14:13
Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

BE TRUSTWORTHY AT ALL TIMES EVEN IF OTHERS ARE NOT, CANNOT AND WILL NOT.

GOD BLESS YOU, MY FRIENDS!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: