Sunday, December 7, 2008

You Are by Hillsong



Lyrics:
You are my light and salvation
Whom shall I fear
You are the strength of all my days
And whom shall I be afraid
Though war may rise against me
Of this will I be sure

That I will bless the Lord forever
I'll bless Your holy name
Yes I will bless the Lord forever
I'll bless Your holy name

Lord it is You I desire
It's You that I seek
To live with You in Your house forever
Beholding Your beauty
And in the time of trouble
Of this will I be sure

You ask me who do I
Say that You are and I
Say that You are the Christ
Son of the Living God

~~~Insight~~~

This is just one of my favorite songs. Well, maybe I have plenty of favorites. This is just one of those that I've listened for like an hour or two over and over. One of my OCD's I guess.

I will praise my pathway to victory! Even if I go through trials and temptations, GOD is my Rock, Refuge and Deliverer. HE will never let me down. My heart trusts in HIM alone. But I tell you, it is not easy to be faithful. You'll just come to a point of realization that GOD is the only One you'll run to whatever happens and never want to let HIM down but you still do at times. When you see those failures and think of yourself worthless, GOD's grace is always sufficient enough to remind you that JESUS already paid for all your sins and that HE covered them all with HIS most precious blood on that Cross. I am still reminded that I'm a sinner and just like John Newton once quoted, ""My memory is nearly gone; but I remember two things; That I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Saviour."

FYI, John Newton is the author of the hymn, 'Amazing Grace' and if you wish to view more of his quotes, here you go ~> John Newton.

GOD IS OUR STRENGTH! GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

2 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thanks for sharing this. I've always liked Hillsong. We can learn so much from so many of the songs that so many sing. All we have to do is listen and heed. The words are in the Bible for most songs sung.

~hon~ said...

I agree. Don't you just love it when songs come from GOD's Word? My fiance´ does. hehehe!

I love to listen and heed. I know you do, too. GOD deserves it!