Friday, January 9, 2009

The Spirit of Caleb by Pastor Windsor Cabrera

After the song line-up, I MUST share the sermon. It really touched me and blessed my spirit so much. I just thank the LORD for HE brought me to service last night. I never get disappointed whenever GOD works. Truly, HE blessed me with the worship and very much with the sermon. With not much ado, here it is...

Titus 1:15
To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.

Numbers 14:20-24
20 The LORD replied, "I have forgiven them, as you asked. 21 Nevertheless, as surely as I live and as surely as the glory of the LORD fills the whole earth, 22 not one of the men who saw my glory and the miraculous signs I performed in Egypt and in the desert but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times- 23 not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their forefathers. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it. 24 But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.

Caleb - means dog

Story: Morris Cerullo asked the worship team to sing a song. He kept changing the song that the worship team was playing. One guy went to the stage and asked the team to stop playing. He, then, borrowed the guitar and started playing. the anointing overflowed from him to the people.
LESSON: It is not about the songs but the spirit of each member. You may have great songs lined up but the spirit matters because that's where the anointing comes from.

The Ninefold Spirit of Caleb

1.) Spirit of Ageless Courage

~40 years, he didn't get weak

Philippians 1:20
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

2.) Spirit of Intact Conviction

~whatever happens
~have faith with what GOD has given to you

1 Thessalonians 1:5
because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.

3.) Spirit of Stronger Reality

Colossians 2:17
These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

4.) Spirit of Godly Memory

~remember what GOD has done for you
~remember GOD's miracles
~remember GOD's promises

2 Timothy 2:8
Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel,

5.) Spirit of Unconditional Submission

~just obey GOD

James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

6.) Spirit of Righteous Endurance

Hebrews 12:7
Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?

7.) Spirit of Adventurous Challenge

~the LORD won't put you in a dangerous place, if HE won't go with you

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

8.) Spirit of Contagious Faith

~Othniel (son-in-law of Caleb) desired for Caleb's spirit

2 Corinthians 10:15
Neither do we go beyond our limits by boasting of work done by others. Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, our area of activity among you will greatly expand,

9.) Spirit of Total Commitment

1 Peter 4:19
So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

We must have a different spirit, not conforming to the world. I have read a quote in yesterday's newspaper prior to the service.

"I want all the cultures of all lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any." ~Mahatma Gandhi

The insight given to me by GOD with this quote is about not conforming to the world. We can invite other's beliefs and be with them but we must refuse to be influenced nor to conform to their beliefs. We must have a deep conviction and a different spirit that will glorify GOD alone.

It does not mean that you have to enclose yourself in a certain world but instead, preach the Gospel and refused to be influenced. Be grounded in GOD's Word and Love. GOD's grace will always be sufficient for you.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD'S JOY, PEACE AND WISDOM BE UPON YOU! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO IF'S, NO AND'S, NO BUT'S!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

1 comment:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Wow! As always, a great message. I so love what you have to write. So much inspiration. This message helped me a lot today. Thank you for sharing. The Lord works through you in beautiful ways.
May the Lord continue to bless you always!