Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Change


What I've learned from vacation?

Change.

Change does not start from your surroundings. Unless you have the courage to do so, things around you will never change. Some things do not change, but your outlook does.

I am my mom's favorite (enemy) hahaha! just kidding! Well, we kind of argue a lot because of the tone of my voice that she misunderstands a lot of times. Since my sisters are away from home, I am the only focus of my mom. I know that she only wants what is best for me. But I always tell her that that's just the way I am.

One day during the Christmas-New Year vacation, my mom and I had a silly argument. I have noticed how she constantly sees me.

Then I saw a post that my sister posted in her blog but then I guess she didn't continue to do it. hehehe! I know my sisters. They become silent whenever I am sad or upset. Anyway, here is the sneak preview of that post...

Our family is our first ministry. Our home should be our first cell group, our primary church. It pains me to think that even now, there are a lot who do not understand the value of this. Because we are ...

And she has shared more through texts from months ago. It was about change. I, already then, know that change starts within us. Well, I know this is true but I haven't completely submitted myself yet. Then I came across one of Tammy's past posts which is entitled Avoiding Conflict and it had an impact on me as I know GOD has been dealing with me about this. Thank you so much, Tammy, for listening to and obeying GOD's leading in your life everyday. I LOVE all your posts. You have such a genuine heart for GOD and for HIS people. Thank you for your faithfulness and your friendship.

See, I still fail but GOD is faithful. HE understands and HE is not forcing you. In fact, HE is happy to know that you are taking your time and breathing it all in. HE needs you to have a willing heart in order for HIM to work in you. HE will never force you that's why HE has given us free will.

Proverbs 11:21
Be sure of this: The wicked will not go unpunished, but those who are righteous will go free.

John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

James 1:25
But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

1 Corinthians 8:9
Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak.

1 Corinthians 10:23
"Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Galatians 5:13
You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

1 Peter 2:16
Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.

After vacation, classes resumed yesterday here. Back to work. I felt the tension between me and my mom so in order to break that tension, I changed my tone of voice. Even when she seemed upset, I remained calm with my voice. I talked to her gently and softly. I have learned that even if others treat you rudely, there is no reason to not be nice. If you are known to be nice, remain nice at all times. Now, my mom and I are going along great. I praise the LORD for the people HE is using. My sister who has changed a lot. I see the changes. I notice them. With all humility, I can say that my younger sister is my role model of good character. She is an epitome of GOD's glory. I grew up with her. We were best friends when we were little. She has changed so much and I know who did this - IT'S ALL GOD!

I also want to thank my boyfriend who never left me. I am celebrating a year of friendship with him. He is always there for me. To be my bestfriend and my partner for life. Inspite of the distance (7,921 miles to be exact), he remains faithful. I know because I am trusting a faithful GOD. Cody, thank you for your love for GOD and for me. People might think that true love doesn't exist but GOD can make it tangible and true through a gift that is you.

To all my Blogger friends, thank you. You are all blessings to me.

Oh and I received a text quote earlier. Here is what it said...

"It's easier to be happy if you can look beyond imperfections; than by trying to make everything perfect. Remember, it's easier to wear slippers than to carpet the whole earth!" ~sent by my friend, Sherwin

GOD's Wisdom and Discernment upon you. I hope that this post has given you GOD's revelations as they are to me.

If you want change, start within you.

Now I know what that really means.

GOD'S AMAZING INSIGHTS BE UPON YOU ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE! A WILLING HEART, A LISTENING EAR AND AN OBEYING SOUL IS ALL IT TAKES FOR GOD TO NEVER STOP WORKING IN YOU!

GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO IF'S, NO AND'S, NO BUT'S! GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: