Friday, January 9, 2009

Legacy

I wasn't able to read my email devotional last night from Dennis and Barbara Rainey because I was too sleepy. Well, evening for me, morning for the US. hehehe!

I also have learned something from Wednesday. I was put in hot water so I have learned something from it and I was able to make a text message that I'm sending to others now. Then my email devotional was about it, too. Amazing! IT IS ALL GOD!

Email devotional

by Dennis and Barbara Rainey

Do Something of Value Tonight (Part Two)

Ephesians 5:17
So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

Did I waste the evening? No. With the power that God supplies, I did my best to leave a legacy that counts-a legacy of love that will outlive me. I was reminded of two things. First, I thought of Paul's words in Ephesians 5, in which he reminded us to make the most of our time and to "not be foolish."

Second, I remembered my dad. He was badgered by one determined boy into playing catch over and over again. I can still remember his well-worn mitt and curve ball.

If you struggle with priorities as I do, you might want to commit to memory those verses in Ephesians. The "fool" Paul wrote about is something we never intend to become; it just happens-one day at a time.

I hope you did something of value today. And I hope you will tonight as well.

These are just parts from the devotional. Hope you enjoyed it. If you wish to subscribe, please just click this ~>Christianity

Text message

"When you die, what legacy shall you leave the earth? Is it material legacy that you can never bring to heaven or the legacy of love from GOD that will be remembered forever?"

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO IF'S, NO AND'S, NO BUT'S!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

1 comment:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Another good one! It really makes you stop and take a good look at oneself. Personally, I sure don't want to leave a materailistic legacy behind. What good does that do? ;) As always, you continue to shine with your love and dedication to the Lord.