Sunday, January 11, 2009

Do Not Judge by Appearance

I have been meaning to post this but I was too busy. Also, I got another article to go with it that is awesome that's basically why GOD made me wait til I can have time to post it.

My friend, Heather Armstrong, has given me another email devotional that I would like to share with you.

JOHN 7:24 NKJ
24 "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with
righteous judgment."

Making a snap judgment based on appearance often works -- but
not always. And the exceptions can really cost you.

The world teaches us to judge people by their appearance. But
God doesn't judge people by how they look -- and neither should
we.

1 SAMUEL 16:7 NLT
7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Don't judge by his appearance
or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn't make
decisions the way you do! People judge by outward appearance,
but the LORD looks at a person's thoughts and intentions."

One main reason we're not qualified to judge others is because
we don't know their thoughts and intentions. Only God does.

As they say, "You can't always judge a book by its cover."

LUKE 16:15 CEV
15 But Jesus told them: You are always making yourselves look
good, but God sees what is in your heart. The things that most
people think are important are worthless as far as God is
concerned.

It is important that we treat all people with respect -- since
they are created and loved by God -- no matter how they look.

If you wish to subscribe to her email devotionals, please just email her at thought4theday@mchsi.com

And here is an "Our Daily Bread" article. Well, I'll just post some parts.

Jesus used the metaphor of fruit to give us the proper criteria for judging. “By their fruits you will know them” (v.20). We are to judge people (including ourselves) by the quality of the fruit they produce. This fruit cannot be judged by earthly values such as how good we look (v.15). It must be judged by heavenly values—the fruit of the Spirit produced within us—love, joy, peace (Gal. 5:22).

Our tendency is to judge by appearance. But God judges by what we produce, and so should we. — Julie Ackerman Link

Be slow to judge others and quick to judge yourself.

GOD calls and chooses people who are willing and available. It is not about the skin color, the height, the weight, his/her past, the race, the hair color, or the eye color BUT the TRUTH that is being shared. The genuine faith given by GOD to a person and the genuine friendship that that person shares. In this blog community, we do not advertise our blogs for ourselves. GOD will surely place the right people in your blogs that will encourage you to go on because our blogs should only be used to glorify GOD alone. I am totally humbled that I am able to reach out to others through my blog inspite of my race. I sure am humbled to be Filipino. I am very thankful for the people who accepted me and amazingly, I found another blog through my site tracker who has placed me in her blog. I am so humbled. Thank you for trusting me, my friend. Anyway, JESUS IS THE TRUTH AND THE SALVATION. We also need to test the spirits around us if they are true. Whether they just want attention or not, all of us need friends to encourage us in this race. So if you want a friend, be a friend today. A true friend.

Glad you came by to visit my blog and read what I have to say. Thank you, my dear friend. That alone is already an encouragement to me.

Oh btw, if you don't have anything good to say, ssssshhhhhh...hehehe! I am referring to our daily lives of course, in and out of the blog world. BE A BLESSING TODAY. You'll never know how far your influence can go unless you take action. Life is fulfilling when we encourage others.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO IF'S, NO AND'S, NO BUT'S!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

1 comment:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Wow, wow, wow! What a great post. Our Pastor talked about some this tonight. The past two nights have been so inspiring and uplifting. The e-mail I sent you, I've repented for, I've forgiven and put it all behind. Now I'm moving forward in faith. I am humbled, awoken, and back in the full face of the Lord. From now on, when faced with hard times, I'm going to focus on Jesus! :) You my dear friend have helped me get there.

You are a wonderful, wonderful dear daughter of the Lord. I know He is pleased with all that you are doing to Glorify His name and lead people to Him. Thank you for all that you are doing.

You are a beautiful woman on the inside. That's what makes you so special. We should never judge one another by our outer appearance. It's what comes from the heart that matters.

God Bless you dear princess of God.