Friday, January 30, 2009

Focus on LOVE


Marriages/relationships must focus on LOVE.

GOD'S PERFECT WILL be done in our lives.

I just LOVE these Scripture verses. These are my well-kept verses all throughout my relationship with Cody. I must say, it has kept me well enough. Romance/passion/desire is useless when LOVE is absent.

You may have all the romance/passion/desire in the world but never will it hang on if LOVE is not present.

I have memorized these verses wholeheartedly and never did once forget it - through good times and bad times.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails..."

Passion - A powerful emotion
Romance - A strong, sometimes short-lived attachment, fascination, or enthusiasm
(Romance and romantic both derive from the Latin romanice meaning "in the Roman manner")
Desire - A wish or longing

I just have the weirdest "Word OCD." I don't know if you have this, too. But if you do, you'll certainly love life and be a skeptic. I LOVE skepticism. It entails a sound doctrine. Being a skeptic is to test the spirits around you not just believe someone who says he/she is a Christian. (Thank you, Cody for this)

I don't know why but I use the word "LOVE" a lot because the Bible says, "GOD IS LOVE." Oh well. Not everyone will agree with me about this. But then, I still have my own convictions with the words I use. Why use other words anyway if LOVE is very much available for usage? It's even much shorter than romance, passion or desire. Still, nothing is equivalent to the word "LOVE."

I am even very skeptic about using "romantic" love. I don't know. Well, I don't know how to describe it so that others may understand. But if I speak in Tagalog, I don't use it. I use Tagalog terms. hehehe!

Dare to be different as they say. I've read a book. It said something about being different rather than just conforming to anything you hear from others - whether Christian or not. Being skeptic is being able to stand on deep convictions and sound doctrine even if that means that you're the only believer of that doctrine. I like to be different that's why GOD created me uniquely. hehehe! But then, I am not against others who use other words. You can use whatever you wish and be stubborn as you want. hehehe! just kidding! AND PLEASE do not mistake me as a person who rebukes all the time or even a self-righteous person. I have met someone who have judged me that way and even provokes me and insults my spiritual gifts but then GOD is faithful because HE restores my spirit every time. In the first place, we do not judge people. I just share my own convictions because as I've said, I refuse to conform to the world. Oh well. GOD knows the motives of my heart and you, as well. Do not look at people because of their age. Young or old, they might always have new convictions to share that might change your perspective for a sound doctrine. Whenever my youths share something with me, I ask a lot and be skeptic but when they have shared it in a detailed and secure manner, I do not stop myself from being convinced because they, too, are entitled to have their own voices that gives them the self-esteem and the identity that they need as a youth of GOD. As what I always share them, I stand corrected at all times.

Bible trivia - the word "romance" is not in the Bible (all versions).

ABOVE ANYTHING ELSE, FOCUS ON LOVE! IN THE FIRST PLACE, GOD IS LOVE!

GOD'S WISDOM, DISCERNMENT AND INSIGHTS BE UPON YOU! DO NOT GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT!

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

PEACE OUT, EVERYONE!

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO MATTER WHAT!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: