Saturday, February 28, 2009

Today's Devotions


In a day, I have plenty of devotionals. I have my emails. I have my devotional Bible. I have my Scripture cards. I'll share some of them in this post. Whenever I am not busy, I always ponder on what GOD has to say to me. I ponder on others and talk to GOD about them. I ponder but I speak less. I am in favor of silent prayers. Whenever I have free time, I spend it in indulging in GOD's presence. I tend to isolate myself because I can never overflow if I am not overwhelmed with the Holy Spirit. I refuse to share GOD's Word if I know that I am not cleansed nor anointed. Nowadays, I have been focusing on investing in souls. Souls that I can reach in my country and some through this blog. Life has been a rollercoaster ride but I must say, I LOVE rollercoasters! I am not doing the biggest part in the ministry but all I can hope is that I am pleasing our FATHER.

I am not sick because GOD is my Healer!
I am not weak because GOD is my Strength!
I am not poor because GOD is my King!
I am not a loser because GOD is my Victor!
I am nothing because GOD is my Every Perfect Thing!

Two of my email devotionals:

by Dennis and Barbara Rainey

Fearing God (Part Five)
Psalm 101:2

I will give heed to the blameless way. When wilt Thou come to me? I will walk within my house in the integrity of my heart.

Some boys were tempting a young lad to pull a prank with them. The three young men taunted the other lad: "Come on, do this with us. Nobody will find out."

Finally, the boy mentioned his father. So they taunted him further. They said, "Oh, you're just afraid because if your father finds out he might hurt you!" And the boy looked back at the others and said, "No, I'm afraid if he finds out, it'll hurt him."

The more you fear God-the more you spend time in His presence-the more you dread displeasing Him. His presence in our lives shouldn't be a heavy yoke around our necks. But we need to have a healthy dread of displeasing or hurting or disappointing Him.

At any point of time during the day, I would like to be ready to be ushered into the presence of God and see a smile of approval on His face.

We shouldn't be legalistic about it-viewing God with a giant flyswatter in the sky, ready to crush us when we displease Him.

Let this new concept of a healthy fear of God refresh you. Let the presence of God refurbish you. Practicing Christ's presence in your life will set you free.

(not full article)


Such a beautiful insight. If the world insists you to do something that is against GOD's Perfect Will, think about this, "No, I'm afraid if HE finds out, it'll hurt HIM." Something that I've shared to my youths before they do something, they should first think whether GOD will be pleased or not. Wouldn't you be happy if you have made the Creator of the Universe smile?

GOD planned good to come out of it

Before World War II Josefina Guerrero was the toast of Manila, young, vivacious and married to a wealthy medical student. Then in 1941 she discovered she had leprosy. Immediately she began treatment, but when Japan invaded the Philippines all the leprosariums were abandoned. Despite her disease Joey joined the underground, smuggling food, clothes, medicine and messages to POW’s. She mapped out fortifications along the waterfront and the location of anti-aircraft batteries. When guerillas discovered a newly-sown minefield where the 37th Division was scheduled to land in Manila, they asked her to get the message through. With little thought for her own life she trudged through miles of enemy encampments with the map taped to her back and delivered it safely. Because of her courage many dangerous missions were completed and the U.S. War Department awarded her the Medal of Freedom with silver palm for saving untold American lives. Amazingly, Joey was never caught. In fact, Japanese soldiers had a horror of the ragged little woman who shuffled through the streets of Manila. And even when she was stopped they didn’t detain her long, once they recognized the swathed bandages and lesions of advancing leprosy. George Mueller said, "In a thousand trials it’s not just five hundred that work for our good, but nine hundred and ninety-nine plus one!" The Scripture, "God planned good to come out of it," means that no disaster, disease or delay can keep Him from turning it into something worthwhile. Understanding that God forgives your past, knows your present and has planned your future, lets you walk in the confidence that nothing can ever happen to you that’s beyond the scope of His grace and redemption!


Candy Smith

http://mrnglry.wordpress.com/

--

In Christ,

Heather


Thought 4 the day


Scripture card for today:

Ephesians 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

MAY YOU HAVE GOD'S WISDOM AND DISCERNMENT ALL THE TIME. GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO MATTER WHAT!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

1 comment:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

You touch many, and I'm sure our Glorious Father is very pleased with you. You are one of the strongest, most devoted people I know in Him. God Bless You!