Friday, February 27, 2009

Oh jeez...another revelation!


More confirmations are coming my way. I am glad that GOD speaks to those who really listen to HIM. I am super glad that at a young age, I have already learned a lot. Many oldies nowadays at our congregation and parents of youngsters always say how blessed we are, the young people, that we came to know JESUS CHRIST at this young age because of the physical strength that we have and the eagerness that youths have and the open schedules. And how they wish that they've known the LORD at their teenage years. I have noticed that when JESUS CHRIST wins a young soul, that soul's heart burns with so much passion so it's good to feed it while it's burning.

My family was converted from Catholic to Pentecostal Christian when I was 3 years old. Since then, I have been very active in church activities. My sister and I used to dance, sing, do human videos, go to youth camps and so much more. The vulnerable and sensitive years came. I was discouraged by a church worker. I stopped attending church services and activities. I stopped talking to everyone at our congregation. In short, I was a backslider. If I'm not mistaken, I backslid at the age of 12 and came back at the age of 23. Good thing I still have all the teachings in my heart. I just know that I ignored them. I ignored the still, small voice. I was still nice to some people but was a rebel. When GOD won me back completely, I dedicated my whole life to HIM. Funny how I forgot everything in my past except the Bible stories I've heard and read when I was younger. All the memory verses we had at Sunday school. I was so fired up! Still fired up. hehehe! GOD gave me my calling and decided to heed. It was like a continuation of what I've learned spiritually when I was younger. When I was younger, I was already opened to curses - spiritual curses - so it was quite easy for me to bounce back. I am super ecstatic that I still look and feel young at the age of 24 (other people's comments). Funny how I got some comments from the HS night that I look like a little girl and my aunt even said that I looked like a 12-year old. hehehe! How young can I ever get! GLORY TO GOD! GOD is good! HE is my strength. I have been a sicky child and teen. GOD turned my life around. HE delivered and healed me from my allergies - skin and allergic rhinitis or sinusitis. GOD is my Healer and Deliverer. IN HIM, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! I'd refuse to believe otherwise.

Anyway, I have just opened this devotional tonight because of my busy schedule...

Going Against Public Opinion
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman
02-26-2009

"On the eighth day they came to circumcise the child, and they were going to name him after his father Zechariah, but his mother spoke up and said, 'No! He is to be called John.' They said to her, 'There is no one among your relatives who has that name.'" (Luke 1:59-61).
Have you ever had to go against public opinion or advice from family members or peers? Elizabeth gave birth to John the Baptist. It was time to name the child. Tradition said the name would be in honor of a family member. The family members were insistent. When Elizabeth didn't agree with them, they appealed to Zechariah who supported Elizabeth.
Zechariah and Elizabeth were told by the angel Gabriel the name was to be "John." They were being obedient to the Lord's command which went against tradition and public opinion.
We live in a day when leaders are often driven more by public opinion than what is right. We are each called to live a life based on obedience-based decisions, not public opinion. Living a life of obedience will often go against the tide of public opinion. Jesus lived a life based on a purity of purpose and mission. The Pharisees wanted Him to conform to the rules of religious tradition. The result was He died because He lived to obey an audience of One, not public opinion.
Are you challenged to live a life of conviction versus pleasing others? Be true to what God has called you to do no matter the cost.

I thank GOD for HIS Voice that continues to speak in my heart and mind. I am in this kind of circumstance wherein I feel that I am the only one who believes but then GOD is my Voice. HE has the only right to tell me what to do. I will be accountable to HIM in the end, anyway. I am not after what others believe but what GOD has instilled in my heart. Only a heart that loves truly can be joyful when one sinner repents. Only a heart that loves truly can be kind to the unlovable. That's why I always say, "When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!" because it is then that true love is tested. Hypocrites are the only ones who turn their backs away from the spiritual needy (every aspect depends on the spiritual aspect). I leave you with this question, "HOW FAR CAN YOU GO IN LOVING A SINNER?"

Luke 15:7 KJV
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.


I was a prodigal daughter and I will never be ashamed of that. I will never look down on others who are indulging in sin because I have been there. I have been a rebel but JESUS CHRIST IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

MAY YOU HAVE GOD'S WISDOM AND DISCERNMENT. WATCH EVERY WORD THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH. THINK AND SAY POSITIVE THINGS ALL THE TIME. DO NOT THINK NEGATIVELY OF OTHERS BECAUSE IF YOU JUDGE THEM, YOU HAVE NO TIME TO LOVE THEM. DON'T FORGET THE SECOND COMMANDMENT: LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS. YOU CANNOT SAY YOU LOVE GOD IF YOU DON'T LOVE HIS PEOPLE. GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO MATTER WHAT!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Very beautiful post!