Friday, February 13, 2009

Set Apart

Yesterday, Karen and I met with our long-ago guy friend. He is a common friend. We met him when all of us were still studying in Baguio.

We were eating at a fastfood restaurant when Karen asked him why he doesn't want to go abroad. Maybe you're wondering where am I getting with this. Okay, let's start at the top. Our friend, Erik, is a recruiting agent for graduates of any course who would like to work and study in the UK. Karen suddenly asked why wouldn't Erik go abroad, too. He said he wants to stay here in the Philippines. Same as me, I love my country. I would not go abroad just to earn money. My parents instilled that in me. I don't have anything against migrating to other countries because I am in love with an American man. Although, I have a different reason. I love him.

Anyway...I was pondering on Karen's question. Before we left the restaurant, I asked him, "How will it be easy to recruit others to go abroad if you don't even believe in going abroad?" He was speechless. Okay, I must be unfair and caught him off-guard. It was a question that lingered in my mind til now.

Just like in our spiritual lives, if we ourselves do not believe the truth we are sharing, how can we win souls? If we ourselves do not even have sound doctrine, how will we share the Truth? If we, Christians, aren't united, how will we win others for GOD?

We must always have a sound doctrine, an intimate relationship with GOD and a continuous growth in character. No complacency allowed.

What you say should be seen through your actions. If you just do the talk-talk and no actions, it is useless. Hypocrisy is meaningless. It is difficult to win souls for CHRIST if they do not see what you are sharing in you.

I have learned to be skeptic and to test the spirits (Thanks to Cody).

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Also, I have learned that not because someone says he/she is a Christian means he/she is living a life in the Perfect Will of GOD. Sadly, it has become just a fad now. It has become a trademark. Although we are all subjected to committing mistakes, we should always watch every step we make and every word we say. Think before speaking/acting. I've heard others say, "Oh humans are not perfect..." Well, JESUS CHRIST died for you. Isn't that reason enough to strive to perfection? Don't you desire to hear the words from our FATHER, "Well done, good and faithful servant?"

Remember, we are GOD's mirrors of HIS glory. Whatever good others see in us, all the glory goes back to GOD alone. BUT, we all stand corrected. Not everything we say is right that's why it is good to have that sound doctrine, intimate relationship with GOD and continuous growth in character. Test the spirits.

I have met people personally who say they are Christians but their actions do not say so. A shoutout to all Christians: PLEASE give our FATHER the glory HE deserves!

ROMANS 6

Be a real friend. Love unconditionally. Be real to others. Do not use GOD's Name in vain. (This applies to everything) Teach what you do. Examine yourselves honestly all the time. Focus on GOD's Will not on your selfish wants. Please do not put our FATHER'S Name to shame.





Make an impact. Make a difference, Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO MATTER WHAT!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: