Saturday, February 21, 2009

i do not believe in divorce...i believe in GOD!!!

After reading the blog of a dear friend and sister in CHRIST, I was truly burdened. I have been reading about testimonies of different people in their marriages and marriage books. I desire to edify my soul with optimism from GOD. I desire to surround myself with people who truly knows the real meaning of GOD. I desire to focus more on GOD. GOD has brought me to the next level of spiritual breakthrough that I've been desiring and it didn't even come from anyone but HIM. It is a spiritual breakthrough wherein GOD personally moved. I did not go to a revival conference or seminar. I desire to claim GOD's Victory in my life. In every aspect of my life. Oh I am so overwhelmed with the Holy Spirit that I do not even want to look at the negative things in life. Well, we all have problems and we ought to face them. There are times that we confess and surrender them to GOD. Because in GOD's Perfect Will, we are safe and complete.

I would like to share a beautiful article from one of my favorite couples...

by Dennis and Barbara Rainey

Believing the Lie

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

I'll never forget my conversation with a friend I ran into at a fast-food restaurant. I knew he was seeing a marriage counselor, and I asked him how his marriage was going.
"Not too well," he told me. He said his wife was a constant nag. He had decided their relationship couldn't work, and he was going to get a divorce. Then he made the mistake of asking, "What do you think?"
"I think that's ridiculous," I replied. For several minutes I exhorted him to work at it, to not give up. "You can make this marriage work if you really want to," I said.
But he didn't want to be reminded of his responsibility as a Christian husband to his wife. "I just don't think that God ever intended for me to be this unhappy," he said.
To me, this was a perfect example of a person who was being conformed to the world rather than to God's perfect will. He claimed to be a Christian, but he had not allowed his mind to be transformed. As long as he cared only for his own happiness, he would move from one tragic relationship to another.
Another man, who had just seen his marriage resurrected after a divorce, heard about this conversation. He commented, "He's believing the lie. He thinks that the most important thing is to feel good. But what really feels good is working through the problems."

Prayer:
That God would give you a joy in working through your struggles, and that He would not allow you to give up on your marriage relationship when you are not happy.

Discuss: Have you found yourself believing the same lie that the most important thing in life is to be happy? Why does walking out appear to be much easier than working through problems with your spouse?

I need not share more. This has deeply moved my heart enough for tonight. I LOVE optimism. I LOVE GOD! If you want change, move on to what GOD has promised you - the next level of spiritual breakthrough. Do not conform to the world. Do not believe the lies. Do not be complacent.

Be real. Be a GOD-lover. Follow HIM all of your ways. Learn to ask forgiveness. Learn to forgive. Love and love some more. Do not stop loving. Give until you love giving.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO MATTER WHAT!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!