Monday, February 2, 2009

Prayer


GOD is making me focus on prayer. I have read a chapter in a book today about prayer. It's just overwhelming in me. I will share some in that book tomorrow as I've left it at the school. When I was called to serve, I was very eager to pray. I've failed though. Now, GOD is calling me back and making me focus on prayer. I asked for GOD's help because I cannot do it alone. Now, I can only glorify GOD because of HIS neverending revelations and outstanding help through one of my hobbies - reading. Inspite of my busy schedule, I still and always find time to read. Even just a chapter in a book. Books that only edify the spirit.

One of the most powerful prayers I've ever read. I got it in one of my email devotionals today. Leaves of Life in Christianity.com

Eternal God, who hath weighed the mountains and measured the seas, I pray that I may not be satisfied to wait in idleness, and let thy wisdom pass away from me as the days. Steady me in my weakness, and reveal to me my strength as I draw near and ask of thee. Amen. ~Margaret Bird Steinmetz

Our prayers don't have to be lengthy. It just has to be genuine, direct and specific. Just like how a little child prays. But then, if it is lengthy, that will draw you to GOD's Holy Presence. Both types are very effective. I would not argue about them. Sometimes I do short prayers but long prayers take you to GOD's very Throne (a personal experience). Whichever of them is always heard by GOD.




Wouldn't it be nice to have public prayer rooms everywhere we go? And there'll be a sign on the door...

Ssshhh...Someone's Praying

But then...everywhere we are, we can pray. Prayer doesn't have to be in a certain place. You just need to have the heart to pray. Not to ask GOD to do what you want but to ask GOD's Perfect Will in your life.


Link
Like these beautiful children, LET US PRAY TO OUR DEAR FATHER!

ENJOY PRAYING, MY DEAR FRIEND IN CHRIST!

LET GOD TAKE YOU TO HIS VERY THRONE. GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO MATTER WHAT, NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H. (Pray Until Something Happens)

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale. Pray.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

1 comment:

pk said...

AMEN sister!
pray without ceasing!