Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Woman of Strength

I might ask my mom to write her life testimony someday. hehehe!

When I hear the phrase 'a woman of strength', I think of my mom. Through her, I have learned that the strength of a woman shows when she's weak. I will base this from Proverbs 31:10-31.

This will be about my mother. Not me hehehe! My mom always tells us how she began working when she was little. She would even cry if her mother wouldn't bring her to the farm with her. I always laugh and tease her to not cry when she tells us this story. I was and still am a witness to my mom's trials. I have been a prodigal daughter. She still accepted me. I am the only daughter left with her in the house. My sisters are in Manila and Ilocos Sur. My dad couldn't leave her for any reason at all. He couldn't find any wrong in her. She is truly worth far more than rubies. She always repays good things to those who do evil to her. I am a witness of that. She selects all the best for her children. We never attended public schools. She always buys us everything that they never had as a kid. She buys all our needs. The best of them and works with so much eagerness and determination. Wherever we are, she always makes it a point to bring us whatever we need. Money or food. Whatever. She gets up so early in the morning just so she can make food for us and work hard again. She gives portions to the needy. Back then, we had a house helper who stole money and jewelries but still my mom provided for her. She did everything for us to have a house and a lot of our own. She has her own vineyard. Different kinds of vegetables and fruits. Well, not all as the property is limited. hehehe! She never gets tired of working for the family. Whoever needs her help, she gives it. Whenever and wherever, she will be there. Oh my mom can sew! She's very good at that. She has a sewing machine that my grandmother gave her. My aunt couldn't sew I guess. hahaha! She always helps the needy. Especially at school. Other parents would usually gossip her but she never really cared about what they say coz God knows what's in her heart. She is very kind when someone needs her. I won't be too detailed on that. My mom wants to keep it confidential. She has always believed in humility (not my sister). hahaha! Oh no we don't have winter here. Well, the storms will never stop her from serving her family. Just like now it's storming and flooding outside but she's still working and making sure that she brings home food for us. My mom sells, alright. hahaha! She is a school administrator and helps me sell, too. She patiently makes 'pastillas' - little ones made of powdered milk and condensed milk covered with sugar. She patiently wraps each tiny thing in their cellophanes. 500 of those a day. Whew! My mom is never afraid to admit that she gets weak. Before, she would hide her weaknesses and would show us that she is strong on her own but now, she is never afraid to confide in me all the weaknesses and pain that she has. This is just one of the things that makes me say that she is really a woman of strength coz inspite of all the hardships, she still goes on with life knowing that GOD has a great purpose for us...for our family! She taught us so many wonderful things (as she is a teacher hehehe). She taught us humility. This is one of the things that I love learning from her. She taught us grace in everything we say and do. She's very consistent on this one. She still has those qualities even if she's undergoing menopause right now. She never fails to teach us the right things to do at the right time. Oh oh oh she NEVER idles! Oh wow a definite description of her. hahaha!

Proverbs 31:28-31
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Verse 28: I am arising for my mom right now and testifying how she is truly an amazing mom. I have seen others give up their families but my mom, inspite of all the trials (I believe she has encountered everything from my dad down to us, her daughters), she is still standing in GOD's amazing grace. In fact, she is currently teaching me how to become a wife of noble character. "Giving up" is not in her vocabulary. This is what she constantly reminds me. Even if my dad doesn't say it, I know that he thinks my mom is beautiful that's because he couldn't leave her and he wants to spend his last breath with her.

Verse 29: A perfect verse for my mom. I don't know any woman who has the strength of my mom (unless you contradict me hahaha). Only if you knew everything she went through and still going through right now. She is super! (As what Cody said hahaha)

Verse 30: My mommy doesn't have the beauty of a girl who joins pageants. Well, she did join pageants when she was little. hahaha! But then, what really makes her beautiful is her fear of the Lord. Her trust and her faith in God.

Verse 31: If I can award her something, that is the crown of 'A Woman of Strength.' After this life, I am very sure that she will receive her reward from our Father. A crown of eternal life with Him.

I desire to be a noble and prudent wife to my future husband Cody. I just look at my mom. My perfect role model.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!



honey, I'll borrow my song hahaha!

No comments: