Friday, August 1, 2008

Legacy by Nichole Nordeman



Lyrics:

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...

~~~Insight~~~

Serving GOD requires humility. We can never exalt ourselves because God will pull us down if we do and that is in ANY account. There were no exemptions. Every rule in the Holy Bible is very serious. Either you choose to obey or ignore and face the consequences.

Matthew 23:12
"For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

People live. People die. People love. People hate. People succeed. People fail. People trust. People lie. People love anyone. Christians love GOD.

While living in this world, can you honestly tell me that the most important thing is the achievements?

If you know me very well, you would learn right away that I was a failure. I've wasted time and money but didn't achieve anything at all. I've had my share of spotlight though wherein I was always in the list of honor students in all the private schools I've attended. I've joined student body governments and always won. I've joined quiz bee's and won almost all of them. I was always one of the stars in school programs. I came to a point in my life, a point of realization, that all those achievements meant nothing to me anymore. I do not care whether people would recognize me just because of my accomplishments. All those things are temporary. We can never bring them when we die in flesh. We can make our name known but after a couple of years people will forget us because we will be just like dust in the wind.

Proverbs 10:7
"The memory of the righteous will be a blessing,
but the name of the wicked will rot."

Proverbs 11:18
"The wicked man earns deceptive wages,
but he who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward."

Proverbs 12:2
"A good man obtains favor from the LORD,
but the LORD condemns a crafty man."

I was converted at the very young age of 3. I was very active in church. But I backslid at the age of 12 if I'm not mistaken. I lived in sin. God won me back personally. Nothing is sweeter than that (for me at least hahaha). I've had a revelation when our pastor shared something about angels. How angels do not know how amazing it is to be saved and redeemed from all our sins by Jesus. How beautiful it feels. Also, if angels rebel, they can never go back but humans are given lots of chances to go back to God when they rebel.

When I decided to completely surrender my life to Christ, I realized that all my failures and successes do not matter to God. I was a failure after I backslid. You have no idea. hahaha! It is true that when you give your whole self to God, He will work in you in ways you can never imagine. He removed my shame, my guilt, my self-confidence...everything that could hinder me from growing in His Light. God replaced it with Love. GOD IS LOVE.

James 4:10 (TLB)
"...When you realize your worthlessness before the Lord, He will lift you up, encourage and help you."

The first time I was struck by this song was after I attended the Ignite Conferences. The speakers in this conference are so anointed. God was able to instill a heart and passion for people. Not only to those who do good but also to those who don't. I've asked myself, "How will people remember me?" Just like what the song implies, do you want to leave a legacy? A life full of love that will allow you to overflow and touch the lives of others. Will we exemplify a life that points to God and glorifies Him alone? A child of God who exudes mercy and grace to others that will endlessly bless God's name with no guilt. Will we render a life that will make others want to imitate our steps? A servant of God who is a model of good character.

I've encountered one youth who is currently my disciple. She once told me that she had a hard time obeying people who do not do their teachings. I never want to mislead this girl. Would you? In this kind of circumstance, we can prove that love is the most important recipe in playing a role in people. Every good thing is written in the tablet of the heart.

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ~Aesop

Proverbs 12:25
"An anxious heart weighs a man down,
but a kind word cheers him up."

Matthew 5:43-48
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

"If God is for you, it doesn't matter how many are against you." ~Anonymous

Romans 12:17
"Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody."

1 Peter 3:9
"Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."

I haven't traveled anywhere in the world. I haven't even traveled a lot in my country. I haven't read a lot of books yet. I haven't done so much yet. I haven't been trained and bred like princesses in their castles. One thing I know, I am God's princess. One of the things I am dearly anticipating is for God to say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Would you want to leave a legacy, too? How will people remember you?



Be like this barn. Aged but still standing amidst the storms. Let GOD be your ultimate strength.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: