Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Make a Ripple

Image from Stefanie Maffa

I have a book entitled "Ripples of Joy" by Cheryl Kirking. It's an awesome book of different stories about people who brought ripples to others by showing goodness. Stories that touch the heart in an unknowing way but can be felt.

Simple testimony:
I was in the grocery store earlier. I saw a very long line at the cashier section for 'baskets only.' I have learned to become patient in lining up. Thank GOD for the patience! Before I would always complain but now, by GOD's grace and love, you will never hear any complaints from me when lining up for the payment section. And this time, it's amazing to drop a ripple onto someone. So I was at the end of the long line and the woman before me left her basket in front of me to get more things that she needed. She didn't ask me anything. As the line was moving, I pushed my basket with my foot together with her basket in front of mine so her basket can still line up. The line succeeded. I was pushing her basket with mine when she came so she just loaded her basket with a couple of groceries. Now it was the other woman's turn to leave her basket and get more groceries. Guess which woman? hahaha! It was the woman infront of the woman who is in front of me. Confused yet? hahaha! Amazingly, when the line was moving, the woman in front of me was also pushing the other woman's basket with hers. I was really glad. It was a good ripple. A simple deed that made a ripple and a huge impact in my life. It is so heartwarming when you do something good without asking for anything in return. I was really so happy that she did the same thing I did. Even when I wasn't able to hear a 'thank you', the deed was more worth it. Maybe she was just shy. hahaha! I don't mind. We are GOD pleasers anyway.

Colossians 3:23 (NKJV)
"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ."

It is better to be envied because of goodness rather than wickedness.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BE WITH YOU ALWAYS!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: