Sunday, August 31, 2008

Our Daily Devotions

image from The Mystery Revealed

I didn't know there was such a thing as 'daily devotions.' I have been a Christian since I was 3 years old and been an active church youth but I wasn't informed about this. I've learned about 'daily devotions' last year when I joined an 'Encounter with GOD' weekend in Manila. Until now, I can still recall what the speaker shared. She is actually my sister's discipler now.

"Nothing you do is more important than the time you spent with GOD."

A quote shared to us by my sister last year in our cell meeting. I never forgot it since then.

That's why GOD created us. To have a relationship with HIM and to glorify HIM alone through that.

I didn't quickly adapt to the 'daily devotions' thingy. But when I got transformed last year, I always make it a point to read GOD's Word when I wake up in the morning before everything else. Now I know what the speaker feels when she does her devotions. In everything, put GOD first.

Colossians 1:18(NLT)
"Christ is also the Head of the church,
which is His body.
He is the beginning,
supreme over all who rise from the dead.
So He is first in everything."

When I started being faithful to my morning daily devotions, I've always felt complete and strong. I am not afraid because I have GOD's promises with me. Even though sometimes I really am sleepy when I read the Word, I still try. hehehe! It is difficult to take it at heart when you're still sleepy but it's always worth it. Why? I have experienced and still experiencing the power in GOD's Word. Whenever I am struggling or need revelations from GOD, my daily devotions help me. Right when I needed it most.

Your daily devotions will always be your revelations from GOD.

It is not for anyone. It is especially for you from GOD. It is GOD's love letter to you. You can always use your daily devotions as you go through your day.

One of my youths keeps on telling me that she is not receiving revelations from GOD. Well, the answer to that is you just need to listen carefully or GOD is asking you to wait.

I don't know why but GOD has been very faithful to me with revelations. HE has increased my spiritual discernment. I do not like it when people compare spiritual relationships. GOD has given you the same HOLY SPIRIT HE has given me. You just have to seek and ask for more of HIM and desire it, too.

Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Matthew 7:8
"For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

Jeremiah 29:13
"You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

Deutoronomy 4:29
"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find Him if you look for Him with all your heart and with all your soul."

Just like my other prayers and questions, tonight's prayer was special. I asked GOD something. A revelation. HE answered it right away. I was posting my devotions in my blog then I meditated on it. Amazingly, that was the answer to my question.

Isaiah 43:1-5
1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
He who created you, O Jacob,
He who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.

5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

Never doubt GOD's WORD. It is very powerful and helpful. HIS WORD is HIS promises for us.

May you seek for more revelations in your life. Be faithful with your daily devotions.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: