Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Divine Visitation

Not every family is perfect even for Christians. We are not exempted. My parents were converted from Catholic to Pentecostal (Christian) when I was 3 years old. Before that, my mom was already a good person. My dad was the opposite. His family has a generational curse.

Proverbs 3:33
" The LORD's curse is on the house of the wicked, but he blesses the home of the righteous."

More about Curses

The generation of my dad's parents was full of vices (drunkards, cigarette addicts, gamblers, womanizers/adultery, liars, deceivers). I was very much aware of that and in order to cut the curse is to repent (confess your sins to God and turn your back from sin and live a Godly life). You will need God's inner healing and deliverance and to stand in His grace everyday. You will need God's guidance and help because you can never do it alone. You can never save yourself, not even your good deeds can save you. Only Jesus can. That's the main reason why God sacrificed Jesus for us. Jesus' blood is holy and pure.

So, my mom was the first to be saved in the family. Second, was my sister who is a year younger than me. My mom kept on praying for me. Then, I was saved. Fourth, my little sister, the youngest. My dad was the only one left but he goes to church with us. We were all praying for him though. My mom was doing all she could in prayers for how many years now. I do not have a perfect family but with God's amazing grace, He keeps us under His love, mercy, faithfulness and favor.

Matthew 18:19
"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven."

There was one night, she prayed silently (she got it from me hahaha jk). She was always praying for my dad's safety. But then, that night, it was different. She prayed for God's will to be done. Around 2am, my mom woke me up because they were going to the hospital. My dad, together with his friend, had an accident. Finger fractured.

This morning, my mom told me an amazing story. That morning when my dad had an accident, my mom went back home to get him some clothes and sheets around 4am. The nurse in the hospital asked him where his companion was. My dad pointed at someone in the couch. Divine visitation. The nurse got scared because no one was in the couch. When my mom was back with him at the hospital, he wept. He confessed every sin he committed to my mom and to God. Our prayer was answered. God won my dad's soul. My dad now prays and reads the Bible with my mom in the morning. She read him the chapter that God revealed to her the night before the accident. He also prayed that he needs God's help to change completely because he can never do it alone. He even asked for my mom's 'Our Daily Bread' book. God moves in divine ways. If God can save my family, He can save yours, too.

The Parable of the Lost Sheep

I just get so amazed when God saves souls personally. I know a lot of people who experienced it including me (yay hahaha). Most of all, I am so overwhelmed with joy that my whole family will be with me in heaven. If you don't release the people in your hand, the devil won't touch them especially when God did everything to save them. Perseverance. Patience. Prayer.

Philippians 4:6
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

After salvation, it doesn't stop there. You need sanctification and lordship. You need to repent. You need maintenance. What we do on earth is what we'll do in heaven.

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will obey My teaching. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him..."

Matthew 7:21-23
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from Me, you evildoers!"

GOD is good and gracious. ONLY BELIEVE. Win your family first!

GOD BE WITH YOU!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When we feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

***The names of our family members were not stated for safety purposes. This is a confidential matter but I wanted to testify God's love and faithfulness in my family. For those who know my family personally, please stay silent and just praise God for this wonderful thing that happened. Rejoice with me! hehehe! I sincerely detest talkative slanderers and gossipers. One of the things I'm grateful for my mom because she never engaged in gossip or slander and taught it to us. God bless you all! TRUST GOD ALONE! Speak less. Pray more.

Proverbs 11:13
"A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret."

Proverbs 16:28
"A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends."

Proverbs 20:19
"A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much."

No comments: