Monday, August 25, 2008

My GOD-given passions


First passion which was given to me by GOD last year is my Culinary career. I never asked for it but HE gave it wholeheartedly. Truly, GOD knows our needs and answers them faithfully. When GOD transformed me, HE suddenly gave me the passion for this career. All my life, I never wanted to do anything. HE guides my path. I give all the praise and the glory to HIM. Thank GOD because I've had my last Culinary classes yesterday. I am so happy that I've graduated at last from a passion that GOD gave me and the path to GOD goes on. I'm so excited for the next step GOD will give me!

Anyway, the passion started when I cooked garlic chicken for me and my dad. He liked it so much. Since then, my desire grew. A desire to please people through my cooking. A desire to fulfill the 'eating' needs of people. A desire I've never had before. It is so unusual. But there was more to it. A desire which is the second but the better passion that is stated below.

One of my rhema verses which was my devotions yesterday...

Mark 11:24
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

But then every prayer has to coincide to GOD's Will...

Proverbs 19:21
"Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."

And GOD's glory...

1 Corinthians 10:31
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

Yesterday, I was tested though. It was one of the major tests in my life. I felt so convicted and upset with myself. But I know GOD has a purpose. I've learned a lot from it. I still sin. I am still an imperfect person HE will continue to work on. I am very humbled for GOD to give me that kind of attention. HE uses people to teach me what true humility really is. I know a lot of Christians who fail at that. I have learned a lot about self-righteousness, hypocrisy and humility. These are the major entry points of the devil because the enemy failed because of these. I've had the most upsetting test yesterday. I've always believed though (by GOD's wisdom) that every trial/test comes because of two reasons: to learn from it and to glorify GOD with it.

James 4:17
"Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins."

I was so down after the test. But GOD's joy relieved me. Most of all, GOD's grace contained me. But I always remind myself with one of my rhema verses...

2 Corinthians 12:9
But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Today, my devotions are beautiful. GOD promised me something. I'll share a few verses...

Isaiah 25:1
"O LORD, You are my God;
I will exalt You and praise Your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
You have done marvelous things,
things planned long ago."

Isaiah 26:3-4
3 You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in You.

4 Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.

Isaiah 26:7-10
7 The path of the righteous is level;
O upright One, You make the way of the righteous smooth.

8 Yes, LORD, walking in the way of Your laws,
we wait for You;
Your name and renown
are the desire of our hearts.

9 My soul yearns for You in the night;
in the morning my spirit longs for You.
When Your judgments come upon the earth,
the people of the world learn righteousness.

10 Though grace is shown to the wicked,
they do not learn righteousness;
even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil
and regard not the majesty of the LORD.

The last verse is kind of negative because GOD wants to impart that those who sin, grace will be given but we must do good after being forgiven because GOD deserves it. Thank GOD for the faithfulness and the amazing grace. Most of all, for a human best friend in the person of my boyfriend, Cody. He never leaves me whenever I need help and for being my confidante. I praise the LORD for everything HE is giving me!

Second but better passion than the first is winning souls for CHRIST. GOD gave me HIS ministry last year after I was transformed by HIM. I have learned a lot from my life. Lessons I can impart to the youths today. But I can simply discern that GOD will not just use me for the youths but for every soul. After getting the first passion, GOD instilled in me that I could actually minister through my career. Win more than a million souls for HIM. Nothing is impossible with GOD. The main reason that I love my God-given passion in cooking is because I can glorify GOD with it. I am truly blessed by GOD! Not just with the blessings but also with trials.

Something I've learned last year after reading Smith Wigglesworth's "Ever Increasing Faith" is that we should be very intimate with GOD first and get much anointing from HIM before overflowing. This has been affirmed by Pastor Windsor Cabrera with his preaching on our leaders' conference last Saturday. We cannot give what we don't have. And also by Pastor Carlo Panlilio about intimacy with GOD. As he stated, "Fruitfulness is an evidence of intimacy."

"One can never love truly without experiencing GOD's love." ~Anonymous
A text quote sent by my Ninang Leja Good.

When we feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW! It is true. If we aren't overwhelmed, we cannot give anything. Right now, I am so overwhelmed by GOD's beautiful love and amazing grace and thats all I can talk about. GOD IS SO GOOD AND FAITHFUL!!!

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BE WITH YOU ALWAYS THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO OVERFLOW!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!


No comments: