Monday, August 18, 2008

GOD won a soul!


God gave me the desire in winning souls just last year. I have been a backslider. I stopped going to church for more than 10 years if I'm not mistaken. God didn't depart from me because I've always been hearing that still, small voice convicting me.

Proverbs 22:6
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

I have a calling. All of us has a calling. God changed my heart. Soul-winning is not that easy but with God, nothing is impossible!

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Testimony:
Last week, I saw this girl. Jergens, my closest friend, told me about her last year. This girl is her friend. She came back last week from the US. When I saw her for the first time, I prayed silently, "God win that soul." I felt heavy in my tummy. Friday, I had to postpone our cell meeting coz Jergens will arrive from Baguio Saturday morning and I was so sleepy at that time. One of my youths told me that she will invite someone. Friday evening, I was stressing on my preaching. I had a certain leading that the one I prepared is not what God wants. I have an article saved in my desktop that I've been wanting to read but then I sat down on it Friday evening. All throughout my reading, I was thinking of that soul who was going to be invited. Oh I stressed too much. hahaha! But then, I surrendered it to God. Saturday, they informed me that the soul who was invited is Jergens' girl friend. I was so amazed. Thank God I've learned to give my best every time. While I was preaching, I was also stressing that I had to stare at the new girl most of the time. I did not have any idea if I was reaching out to her. I was hoping that something would happen to show me anything...just anything! hehehe! After I preached, Jergens shared about the 'Four Spiritual Laws'. Nothing strange happened. I prayed my closing prayer as I usually do. When I opened my eyes, I was so surprised that the new girl was crying. I don't know why. Only one thing I'm sure of, GOD won that soul! All of us in that house were rejoicing. I am so thankful!

Proverbs 11:30
"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise."

I am sure that angels were rejoicing with us. In fact, there was an affirmation from one of my youths who has been gifted with visions. She has seen angels all around us at that time. It was beautiful! She also saw demons covering their ears. Like the song goes, "GOD is awesome in this place. Sense His presence as we sing His praise. There is power here for a miracle. Set the captives free and make the broken whole."

Luke 15:7
"I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."

Luke 15:10
"In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

Psalm 91:9-12
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For He will command His angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

Hebrews 1:14
"Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?"

Hebrews 13:2
"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."

I believe that GOD won that soul. Not me or the one who invited her or the ones who talked to her. Only the Holy Spirit can give you feelings you'll have a difficulty to explain. I have been convicted that only GOD can win souls. Not me or anyone. We are the mouthpiece and God's reflection of His love and He uses us to win souls but we can never boast that we win souls coz we don't. Pride is such a big entry point for the enemy. Apart from GOD, we are nothing.

Win souls for Christ but never forget that GOD is always the One who wins them!

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU AND GOD BE WITH YOU IN SOUL-WINNING!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: