Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Christian Leadership

I almost let this revelation pass but then it dawned on me while I was meditating on what to post in my blog. I couldn't let one day pass without blogging out a post or two. It makes me incomplete.

Leadership.

When I was younger, I didn't like to be a group leader in school. I would usually think that I didn't have the qualities of a good leader. For me, I was nothing. But then I realized that leadership starts when God calls you. When God changes you. When God anoints you. When God sanctifies you.

I have read from one of my email devotions by Bayless Conley that we have a three-way calling. You can visit his site (http://www.answersbc.org/). No he doesn't pay me to promote his website. hehehe!

I sent a quote this morning from 'Our Daily Bread' in the internet (http://www.rbc.org/odb/odb.shtml). It says, "A person who is not willing to follow is not prepared to lead." Then, one of my youths asked me, "What if the person has all the qualities but does not want to lead?"

Leadership is not about leading a big group of people at church or at the streets. Leadership starts at your very home. It would be useless to lead other people you do not know if your family, relatives and close friends aren't living for God yet. Leadership also means winning the souls of your family, relatives and close friends for Christ. It doesn't have to be extravagant such as having a position of a leader in your congregation. When we face the judgment seat of God, our position or job title doesn't matter to Him anymore. Will you be able to answer 'YES' confidently if He asked you, "Are your family, relatives and close friends with you here in heaven?" Leadership is about the simplest things you can do especially to the ones you dearly love that will lead them to Christ. Leadership is knowing your priority.

I received another email devotion for families. You can subscribe at Christianity or at Crosswalk. Good stuff! Enjoy!

This is quoted from my today's email devotion:
"Is there a minister at your house? The apostle Paul wanted elders in the church who could also minister the gospel to their own households...By being there and making your family a priority, you'll find plenty of opportunities to minister to your children by showing them what's really important in life." ~Dennis Rainey

Also, I wanted to add that an effective leader knows how to open his/her heart to his/her followers. No one will ever trust you if you do not want to be transparent with very simple things. What is there to hide? Of course, there are certain things that need to be kept such as praying and fasting. I do not get why people are so secretive at some points but they seem to be a mouthful when it comes to fasting and praying. It is written that when you fast or pray, you keep it to yourself whatever your motives are. No exemptions. Thanks to my Cody he reiterated it to me. The guy with the rational brain. hahaha! Cody is the only guy who courageously rebukes me with so much love. Thank you, honey!

A person who desires to please GOD alone is not after the approval and applause of men. A leader must know how to differentiate false from true humility. Ask GOD for spiritual discernment and His wisdom. Rely on GOD's Word for the growth of your character. Do not rely on your own wisdom. Depend on God to change your heart and attitude. Also remember that Satan and the fallen angels will never be in God's Heaven because of pride. I will tackle about 'forms of pride' soon. Please remind me. hahaha!

Leadership starts at our very first priority...GOD! Intimacy with GOD is very important because after this life, it all comes down between you and GOD. About your heart's real motives in Christian leadership. I will be so honored and am excited to meet our Creator! How about you?

Well, anyway, not everyone who leads will go to heaven. Only those who know their priority and that is GOD.

Matthew 7:21-23
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your Name, and in Your Name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from Me, you evildoers!'

JESUS is the perfect model in leadership. Humble yourselves to God. If you have the purest motives then learn how to be meek in the right situations. Be an impact. Be a ripple. Tip the scale.

If you were convicted, please remember that: "If the WORD hurts, IT WORKS!"

Proverbs 25:11-12
11 A word aptly spoken
is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

12 Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold
is a wise man's rebuke to a listening ear.


GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

truly God is faithful in our lives.i agree to the idea about leadership. it really starts in YOUR OWN ( in your family,friends or in your own self). You need not to be called a leader ONLY if you are placed in a high position. Everyone else can be a leader. its up to that person HOW HE MAY LEAD. BUT THE BEST LEADERSHIP IS WHICH YOU DO FOR THE GLORY OF GOD. ITS ALL ABOUT YOU AND HIM ANY WAY. LET US NOT BE "MEN PLEASER" RATHER IN EVERYTHING WE DO LET US GLORIFY GOD.
IM BLESSED TO READ THIS BLOG SPOT. I LEARNED NEW THINGS.
GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!

Anonymous said...

im bless to read this blogspot.