Monday, November 17, 2008

Lessons Learned

Image © Cody Lee Howe

No specific topic for tonight. hehehe! I am very much inspired to share something I've learned from last night and today.

I am very ecstatic that GOD is showering HIS grace, wisdom and revelations.

1.) Do not grieve the Holy Spirit.
~ I have heard and read this so many times already. I've personally experienced it this year. Blessings stop flowing when we choose to be stubborn BUT GOD's grace and favor is eternal if something is according to HIS Perfect Will.

Ephesians 4:29-32
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

2.) You must learn to 'GO.'
~ I've listened to a sermon last night from the website of my boyfriend's congregation. I was deeply moved and it even gave me a refreshing revelation of something that I was asking from GOD. It certainly gave me a new perspective. A certain question has been stirring in my mind and it was answered somehow. It answered 2 of my major questions in life. I have been thinking of a strategy to win souls. I know that we just don't get out there condemn people or tell them it's the end of the world. I also know that it's not that easy to get out there and share to each person you see. There must be a perfect timing and strategy for everything. You just don't shout 'Hallelujah' inside the mall. Everything spiritual stays in the spiritual. Even believers should think of a strategy/concept to win more souls. Promotional offer maybe. Not bad. Just like what the preacher (Mr. Jase Campbell) said in the sermon I was listening to last night, "We need to do the going." and "We need to show JESUS." He is such a humble preacher. He has this certain anointing and gentleness in his voice. His focus in preaching is outstanding. You can listen to his sermon in Billings Church of Christ. GOD talked to me through this awesome sermon. We need to go to them because they won't just come to us especially if they're lost. They don't know where to go unless you go to them and show JESUS through your life, actions and attitude.

Matthew 28:19-20
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

3.) Write your dreams, goals, revelations and visions in life.
~ I am truly blessed to have a boyfriend who is VERY patient to stick with me through thick and thin. I can't even describe how I'm so grateful to have him in my life. He is truly a GOD-given gift. He gives me unconditional love. I have been transformed but I have to admit that I have a struggle that I should get rid of. I need emotional stability. In the process of going through this struggle and growing in CHRIST, Cody firmly decided 10 months ago to love me for the rest of his life and to patiently deal with me. Oh I am not easy to handle. hahaha! CAUTION:HOT! hahaha! jk Cody has been given a beautiful revelation while they were playing a certain board game. He proposed to me earlier to write certain goals/rules for our relationship to remind us about our character growth. I was then reminded of a Scripture verse I've read...

Habakkuk 2:2 (NIV)
Then the LORD replied:
"Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a herald may run with it.

Habakkuk 2:2 (NKJV)
Then the LORD answered me and said:
Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. BUT always remember that with all our plans, GOD's Perfect Will always prevails. So with all our plans, we should always consider what the LORD wills for us.

James 4:15
Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."

4.) Go out your way from your busy life and encourage a soul.
~ Earlier this afternoon, I had to go to the bookstore and take care of my bill there. Pretty busy day. I had to sell food in the morning, meet a friend for lunch, do my 'registrar' work in the afternoon and I planned to go to the bookstore but then I was diverted to a youth. Her name is Justine. I was burdened to talk to her since she has been wanting to for the last few days now. So I took time out from my busy day and had a fun talk with her. I would never regret sitting there in that room listening to her when I could be somewhere else taking care of my errands. Knowing that I've shared what I've learned from GOD through the experiences HE has given me made me glad that I've helped a soul somehow. Sometimes, just telling someone a problem or a secret eases the heaviness of the chest. I love encouraging people whether they would accept my advices or not because GOD knows the motives of my heart and I know that I'm pleasing HIM.

Romans 1:11-12
"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith."

Encouragement is a spiritual gift, too.

Romans 12:8
if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

Colossians 2:2
My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

Titus 1:9
He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

Hebrews 3:13
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.

I praise GOD for all the wisdom and discernment...for all the experiences, all the gifts, all the skills and all the revelations. Most of all, I thank GOD for the heart HE has given me. A teachable heart that beats for HIS glory alone!

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! MAY THE GOOD LORD BLESS YOU WITH MORE REVELATIONS THAT YOU MAY LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST FOR HIS WONDERFUL GLORY ALONE!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

1 comment:

inevitable said...

You sound like such an awesome person.

I'd love to follow your blog except I can't seem to find the 'follow their blog' button. Probably because I'm new at this whole blog thing.

:)God bless.