Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rainy Days and Clear Blue Skies

Image © Cody Lee Howe


GOD is after our character. We may be able to run away from HIS Perfect Will but it will be done still. We may choose to act on our own desires but GOD's Will will prevail in the end.

What great lessons have I learned yesterday and today!

There was a sad incident that happened between me and my mom yesterday before I went to work. I had to cancel my work attendance because we almost had an argument. She is my boss, by the way. GOD is very faithful though because one of my devotions that morning from 'Our Daily Bread' is...

A man of understanding is of a calm spirit. —Proverbs 17:27


A Christian I know was angry with someone at his workplace over a perceived injustice. A colleague listened to his grievance and sensed that his temper still ran high. He gave him this wise advice to consider before confronting those involved: “Cooler heads prevail.”

As we interact with others, disagreements are inevitable. The discerning believer understands his own heart and takes steps to deal with conflict diplomatically. The best time to stop an argument is before it starts.

I chose to not argue/fight back. I glorify GOD for the patience HE gave me. I pondered on the Fifth commandment.

Deutoronomy 5:16
"Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you."

But then, I should be at work yesterday because I have paperworks due tomorrow (registrar job). I didn't go and chose to let the situation and my mom cool down. We never talked yesterday. I slept all throughout the night and I even skipped dinner. I chose to pray.

Yesterday afternoon, Cody and I had a wonderful talk. He shared a lot of things. GOD definitely used him to convict me. He had gone through parents' conflicts so he knows what to do and he gave me wise counsels. I meditated on it until this morning.

This morning, whether it was my fault or not, I have firmly decided to apologize to my mom. GOD confirmed it through a text message sent to me by a young girl named Joy at the age of 11.

"Mornings are reminders that GOD loves you! You're not just given another day to enjoy but a chance to right the wrong of yesterday."

Also, I had an amazing gift given to me when I was in the toilet pooping (again) hahaha! As I was meditating in there, all I can think about is GOD's goodness in my life. So all I can do is thank GOD for everything. Upon thanking, I was suddenly singing my thanksgiving. I've only done the chorus part. I'll wait for the other lyrics still that will come from GOD.

"Lord, I thank You for the heart You've given me. Lord, I thank You for the grace You've showered me. Lord, I thank You for the life of growth in character that never dies. Lord, I thank You...for Your wonderful love!"

I've recorded it but I won't post it for now. hahaha!

I was absent from work for 2 days (yesterday and today). When my mom came home from work, I apologized and told her I am willing to compromise and change whatever made her upset. I am willing to submit myself to her and obey her rules as my boss. Then, I asked her who took care of the paperworks due tomorrow. She said, "No one. The meeting has been postponed to December 3." Not only that! Unexpectedly, my dad handed me my salary for 1 week.

Can you imagine my happiness? hahaha! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME! GOD's favor is awesomely great! A promise is a promise and a promise from GOD will never be broken. So, I will be doing my part as HIS willing servant. I will finish my paperworks tomorrow. I am also excited to conduct our youth cell meeting tomorrow since the problem with 2 of my youths has been resolved yesterday. Justine was so excited to inform me through a text message. GOD made a way for that, too. PRAISE HIS GOOD NAME ABOVE THE EARTH!

As I was watching a certain anime earlier, one of the girls said, "In order for you to get a high rank, you must stop complaining and be serious with your duty."

I don't know I just love revelations. Not only for me, but for you also.

Also, being punctual is to gain respect from others. Funny how one of the teachers in that anime was late for their practice. Two of his students disrespected him and told him that he will never change anymore. The teacher realized that he lost their respect for him because of his tardiness.

I consider a lot of good things around me as revelations and lessons that we can learn from. Hope that you do, too.

Another confirmation I received through a text message again from my friend named Jong.

"When GOD is in your heart, it is the most fulfilling life you can live.. walk in HIS ways and you will truly appreciate all the day HE gives you!"

Let go of the hard heart. Let go of the stubborn spirit. Accept the gift of humility and GOD will lift you up.

Psalm 1:1-2
"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night.”

~~~
Verse for the day in Biblegateway.com

These are my revelations and lessons for yesterday and today. How about you? Do you have anything to share that will give glory to our GOD? That is our main purpose anyway...to glorify our BEAUTIFUL FATHER!

If you're wondering about my post title, rainy days speaks of trials and clear blue skies speaks of blessings. We will always have clear blue skies after rainy days and to confirm it, there's a rainbow (no multi-color hahaha) which speaks of GOD's promises to us.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD BE WITH YOU ALWAYS! GOD IS A GOD OF ABUNDANCE!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

1 comment:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Hello! I just wanted to come by and say hello and thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I hope you have a wonderful day today!
Blessings to you.
Kim