Friday, October 31, 2008

When GOD seems so distant (October 2, 2008)

Preached in Taglish by Sister Becky Inakay
Some were translated to English

"This is the dark night of our souls." ~A.W. Tozer

It is easy to worship GOD when things are going great in our lives.

Ecclesiastes 3
Job 23:8
"But if I go to the east, He is not there;
if I go to the west, I do not find Him."

Isaiah 8:17
"I will wait for the LORD,
who is hiding His face from the house of Jacob.
I will put my trust in Him."

Though David is a man after GOD's own heart, frequently complains of HIS absence.

Psalm 10:1
"Why, O LORD, do you stand far off?
Why do you hide Yourself in times of trouble?"

Job - worshipped GOD no matter what
"Take everything from him but not his life coz he is Mine." ~GOD

1.) Tell GOD exactly what you feel and how you feel.

Job 7:11
"Therefore I will not keep silent;
I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit,
I will complain in the bitterness of my soul."

Pour out your feelings to GOD.

Psalm 126:5
"Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy."

GOD wants us to develop the spirit of intercession.

GOD will hide HIS face because of your disobedience.

Angels catch our tears and bring them to heaven.

When we give out helplessness to GOD, it could be our statement of faith.

2.) Focus on who GOD is in HIS unchanging nature.

Hang out on GOD's nature.

Job 10:12
"You gave me life and showed me kindness,
and in Your providence watched over my spirit."

Philippians 3:1
"Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you."

Job 42:2
"I know that You can do all things;
no plan of Yours can be thwarted."

Job 23:10
"But He knows the way that I take;
when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold."

Job 34:13
"Who appointed Him over the earth?
Who put Him in charge of the whole world?"

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Job 19:25
"I know that my Redeemer lives,
and that in the end He will stand upon the earth."

GOD sees everything and HE keeps the record.

3.) Trust GOD to keep HIS promises.

Titus 1:2
"a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time,"

GOD is not a man whose promises are always broken.

Remind GOD of HIS faithfulness.

4.) Endure

Giving is love.

5.) Remember what GOD has already done for you.

HE was nailed to the Cross for everything.

How can I stay in GOD's presence when HE seems so distant?

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."

What can men do to you when CHRIST is in you?

Encourage yourself.

No comments: