Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tithes and Blessings ~~~ Are you faithful in these things???

Last Sunday, our guest pastor (Bishop Dr. Hilario Bilen) asked us, "Which one of you is a faithful tither?"

I said, "Amen!"LinkMalachi 3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.


Amazingly, he defined it. Faithful tithing is when you give 10% of everything that GOD gives you. Not just your monthly salary but it also includes blessings you receive. For example, after giving your tithes from your monthly salary, GOD gave you what you deserve for your faithfulness so GOD uses an instrument to give you one of your heart's desires. For example, HE gives you a $10,000. The 10% of $10,000 should be given to GOD as your tithes, too. Or if someone gives you a pair of shoes, the 10% of the cost is your tithes. That's what faithful tithing means.

Regular tithing is when you give 10% of your monthly salary.

It was a wonderful revelation for me. So I am very much willing to obey as I know that GOD deserves everything. HE is the One who gives everything we have in the first place.

So which one would you like to follow? You have the freedom to choose. As it is written...

2 Corinthians 9:7
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.


I'd say, if only I could, I'd give everything I own to GOD but then HE gives us the things we need because we need them to live and to bless others, as well. I was very challenged by this kind of tithing (faithful tithing). The sermon was entitled "Overtaking Blessings" so the more you give, the more you receive. We are not after the blessings. We are after pleasing GOD. We cannot say that GOD is rich if we are selfish even to our own GOD.

Speaking of blessings...we cannot bless other people outside our home if we do not start inside our home. Meaning if we give and give to other people we meet but we fail to bless our immediate families, it is hypocrisy. Blessings don't just speak of material things. It also speaks of how we treat our immediate families.

For example, if we are very nice, loving and affectionate to other people who are not our own blood, our being nice should be seen and should start in our homes first. I know some people who are very nice to their friends but when it comes to their own siblings and parents, they're rude. They talk to them in a disrespectful way. It is spiritual hypocrisy.

I have been rebuked by my own self. Well, I'd say I have been convicted by the Holy Spirit. I am very generous when it comes to my youths and friends but sometimes, I forget my own family. So now, for my salary last month and salary that I've just received today, I'm starting to help my family with our groceries. I bought some ice cream, too. hehehe! I would not stop helping others but then, I'd focus on my immediate family first because it is useless to minister to other people if I couldn't even bless my own family.

Help your family first before you help others. For me, my family is still my first ministry whatever other people say. Love should be evident in our own homes and giving is a sign of love. You cannot say you love if you don't give. Being Godly should be seen in our homes before people from outside our homes. Love and respect does not have exceptions.

So this is what I've learned this week. Everyday, there's a new reason to live, a new attitude to change, a new blessing to embrace and a new life to enjoy. GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO MATTER WHAT!

P.S. We all have our own convictions so respect others' convictions and do not discourage them to not spread the Word that is being impressed on their hearts thinking that you're the only person GOD is talking to. And I am not even focusing on money here. I'll say it again, GOD DESERVES EVERYTHING!!! Why? Because HE gave you everything you have right now! And I'm not even forcing people to tithe if I was judged that way. But please know me first before judging me in a rude way. As it is written... "Test every spirit..." You test me and I'll test you. I am willing to be tested. Plus, if all you have is 1 dollar and you gave it to GOD, that is still faithful tithing. Honestly, I am willing to give everything if GOD asked me to but good thing HE just asked 10% so why not willingly give that, right? I am a Pentecostal Christian. I do not take the Word too literal because GOD desires for me to live in Spirit and in Truth. GOD enriches a soul with so many insights everyday if that person is willing. I do not limit myself to what I know GOD can give me and enrich me much much more everyday because our GOD is an Unlimited GOD!

Literal: For example, there was a man who have read in the Bible about people in the Bible who fasted with sackcloth and ashes all over them. This man did exactly what was written, in this very modern time, he put on a sackcloth and put ashes on him. Based on true story. Being too literal is limiting the insights that GOD wants to give us. Our GOD is a Smart GOD!

One more thing I've learned in this blog world, you cannot please everyone. Someone will always say something against you. BUT I am grounded on GOD's love so I refuse to win arguments coz I am here to win souls for CHRIST, not discourage them to come to our FATHER.

GOD's Kingdom is not about money. It is about your real worship, your genuine heart and faith.

DON'T FORGET TO BLESS GOD AND YOUR FAMILY FIRST!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!!!

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale. Be a blessing. Be different.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: