Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Ever-Loving FATHER and The Unlimited GOD


This morning, brother Dionisio Espiritu preached about the Parable of the Prodigal/Lost Son. It's so powerful. He is truly an anointed man of GOD.

Luke 15:11-32

Please click for the complete story.

I've read and heard this parable for so many times already from when I was little until today. The Bible truly gives you new insights every time.

Brother Dionisio Espiritu entitled this "The Ever-Loving FATHER" and it truly fits. He preached slowly and clearly.

I could relate to the prodigal son since I was a backslider myself. I rebelled from GOD and from my parents. I know how it feels that's mostly why I do not have a difficulty in wanting to win more souls for CHRIST because I was a lost soul, too. I believe all of us was lost (for Christians).

If you are a backslider or rebel right now, GOD is waiting for you. HE is not forcing you but HE is patiently waiting for you to come back home.

I will not focus on the Prodigal Son though. I will focus on the Older Son.

When the prodigal son came back, he was determined to unclothe himself as the "son" and be a servant instead. I realized that's what I did when I came back home to GOD. I was willing to be a servant because my FATHER deserves it.

The older son got jealous when the father gave the lost son a robe, ring and sandals, killed a fattened calf and celebrated. Instead of getting upset, the father pleaded for his older son to celebrate with them.

The older son's answer: 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!'

He was so angry and jealous that he even called his brother "this son of yours" and didn't acknowledge his brother as his sibling.

'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.'

For those who are in the LORD right now, we are the older son. We are in our FATHER's home. When you go back to the older son's answer, he stated "slaving and never disobeyed." Spiritually, this means purity in religion. We should not be in a religion. We are in a relationship with our FATHER. HE wants to have a personal and intimate relationship with us.

You are not a slave. You are GOD's child. You own everything that your FATHER owns. You have to know your FATHER intimately.

Our FATHER can give us everything. Don't limit GOD because HE is an Unlimited GOD!

I began to think about my testimonies of GOD's greatness, faithfulness and love. All of the beautiful gifts HE has given me, giving me and will certainly give me. GOD IS SO AWESOME!!!

Keep believing. Keep growing in GOD. Grow in your personal relationship with HIM.





ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!! ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!!!

P.U.S.H.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale. Be a blessing. Be different.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO MATTER WHAT!

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this!! So very true. Sometimes we as Christians get jealous over a lost soul that isn't lost anymore and that's not what the Lord wants. We are Family, and we need to love each other the way that a Family loves. God post, Hon!! love ya sister!!!! :D