Tuesday, September 2, 2008

You have GOD's Calling

Psalm 17:8
"Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
hide me in the shadow of Your wings"

Not all people who are called act on their calling. Why? Because they're afraid of responsibilities. They're afraid to fail. They're afraid to change. They're afraid to disappoint the people around them. They're afraid to leave everything for Jesus. Being afraid is doubting GOD's power to move in your life.

This is one of the most honest and attacking topics I've tackled. hehehe!

If you do not know, I disciple youths which is why I know certain reasons about GOD's calling not being answered and also I've experienced them myself. I've been called. I've acted on it. I stopped but then GOD called me back. It is one of the most amazing choices I've made in my life. Acting on GOD's calling.

"GOD examines hearts. When HE finds one set on HIM, HE calls it and claims it." ~Max Lucado

It should be a privilege to be called by GOD because that only means that you caught HIS attention. HE saw something special in you. But before anything else, ask revelations from GOD if a certain ministry is really your calling. GOD should always have the biggest part of your life and that is decision-making. In every decision. Big or small.

Serving GOD doesn't have to be extravagant. First and foremost, serving GOD and HIS people will make you a servant. To be the last not the first. To be selfless.

The simplest calling from GOD is to lead by example. Your life should always reflect GOD. We can never win people if they don't see GOD's reflection through us.

I know some people are afraid to act on their calling for many reasons. Some get disappointed in the middle of serving. When you look at people, you stumble. The Bible asked us to 'fix our eyes on JESUS.'

Hebrews 12:2
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

When GOD called you, HE said...

Isaiah 41:9-10
9 I took you from the ends of the earth,
from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, 'You are my servant';
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Now tell me, how can we ever doubt GOD?

HE also said...

Isaiah 42:5-9
5 This is what God the LORD says—
He who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it,
who gives breath to its people,
and life to those who walk on it:

6 "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,

7 to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

8 "I am the LORD; that is my name!
I will not give my glory to another
or my praise to idols.

9 See, the former things have taken place,
and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
I announce them to you."

How wonderful it is to serve a living GOD! A GOD who gives you strength when you are weak, who heals you when you are sick, who delivers you when you are being tempted. A GOD who is faithful and good to you all the time. A GOD who loves you unconditionally.

Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

With GOD's guidance and help, we will be able to walk in HIS calling the way HE purposed us to be. Apart from HIM, we are nothing.

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD BE WITH YOU!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: