Saturday, June 13, 2009

Remind Yourself to be Humble

MY MESSAGE IS ABOUT HIM
by Max Lucado

(not full article)
For the life of me, I believe Satan trains battalions of demons to whisper one question in our ears: “What are people thinking of you?”
A deadly query. What they think of us matters not. What they think of God matters all. God will not share his glory with another (Isaiah 42:8). Next time you need a nudge away from the spotlight, remember: You are simply one link in a chain, an unimportant link at that.
Remember the other messengers God has used?
A donkey to speak to Balaam (Numbers 22:28).
A staff-turned-snake to stir Pharaoh (Exodus 7:10).
He used stubborn oxen to make a point about reverence and a big fish to make a point about reluctant preachers (I Samuel 6:1-12; Jonah 1:1-17)
God doesn’t need you and me to do his work. We are expedient messengers, ambassadors by his kindness, not by our cleverness.
It’s not about us, and it angers him when we think it is.
We who are entrusted with the gospel dare not seek applause but best deflect applause. For our message is about Someone else.

If you wish to subscribe to this email devotional, just visit his website Max Lucado

I have been reading Proverbs lately. It is always important to ask for GOD's Wisdom. In order to enrich this wisdom with more of HIS Word, I advise you to read the whole Proverbs. Yes we have the faith and we pray everyday but we need GOD's Wisdom to discern right from wrong and simply to discern what GOD really wants us to do.

My devotional Scripture verses this morning...

Psalm 1:2-3
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on HIS law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

Testimony:
GOD is certainly using one of HIS ambassadors to fulfill one of my greatest desires. I am going to take drum lessons starting this week. hehehe! Yes, one of my greatest desires is to learn how to play the drums. My soon-to-be drum teacher told me to use it for the glory of the LORD. I am reminded of my ultimate purpose in desiring this skill. GOD gave me this desire so ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO HIM ALONE!!!

I challenge you right now to glorify GOD in everything you do. Simply not desiring anything but to glorify HIM alone.

This was my desktop image last May...



ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!! ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!!!

P.U.S.H.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO MATTER WHAT!

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale. Be a blessing. Be different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly loved reading this today!