Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Beloved Country

Just a quick thought to ponder...

If you're a Christian who thinks his mission is outside your own country, THINK AGAIN.

If you can only appreciate the outer circle and not see the inner circle where you are in, then how can you be faithful with the bigger things?

When I was transformed by GOD, I wanted to do missionary work anywhere but here. GOD changed my heart. For as long as I'm in my country, I will serve it. I never had dreams of living in another country because I love my country. So whenever I ponder, I am not easily taken at heart when I see foreigners who live here to do missions. That's how I viewed "mission" before but now that GOD has taken my heart to a deeper meaning, mission is where GOD has placed you. Not where you "want" to be.

Touch your people first.

Because they also need GOD like other citizens of the world.

Faithfulness starts in the smallest things. Faithfulness starts with the love you have for your own country.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your blog. I am amazed that every time I read your blog it is exactly what I am needing to hear, or in line to what I have been thinking about. Keep it up!! You never know who is reading it, and may need to hear what you have to say. I thank Christ for you and your work you are doing here on this blog, and that He led me to this site! The Holy Spirit may move others to see the same!
God bless you!