Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A beautiful blessing

When I asked God what I should do about telling the world of what He had just given me, this is His answer, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid." ~John 14:27

You wonder why this was His answer? Because I was hesitant at first. I've thought about having it privately but then it's a testimony of God's unfailing love and grace.

I never expected but He gave me something more. I never asked but He gave me more than my heart's desires. I prayed for a soul and He gave me a soulmate.

God is so faithful. It is true that if you trust and let God do the rest, expect the unexpected. A dream come true.

God answers all prayers. The answer is either 'yes', 'no' or 'wait'.

"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." ~Romans 8:25

Patience is all it takes. In all aspects of life, we are asked to be still.

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."~Exodus 14:14
"Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes!"~1 Samuel 12:16
"Be still, for this is a sacred day. Do not grieve."~Nehemiah 8:11
"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes."~Psalm 37:7
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."~Psalm 46:10
"Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling."~Zechariah 2:13

Our GOD is bigger than anything in this world. He can do everything for you. Even the most impossible things. It is not the ability to wait but the attitude while you wait.

I do not even think I deserve anything much better than what I had before because of all the ungodly acts I have done in the past. It is true that God has us in the palm of His hands. If you fail, He will pull you up. Be faithful.

Isaiah 40:30-31
30Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

God has led me all my life (Genesis 48:15). I lived in sin. Transformed by God's grace. Multitude of blessings pouring down from heaven. There is one beautiful blessing that outstands all the blessings received. What is it?

To be continued...

No comments: