Tuesday, February 26, 2008

REAL HUMILITY (with quotes)

I am a sinner and everyday I sin but everyday God's grace is sufficient..don't i have the right to share what i've learned in life through God's grace by watching the holiness of others as others watch my holiness too? Tell me, my fellow Christians. Ask before you assume please.

Christians don't need rebuking??? What do you think? I am a proud person too and everyday I learn from other people used by God such as Christian authors, pastors and family and some of my very loyal Christian friends correct me and I ponder on their corrections and change my ways coz I know God uses people who are mature in faith to rebuke me. We, Christians, are called to please God alone not men. We seek the very heart of God that's why we should always be open to corrections and maturity. I have been corrected too many times and I feel so small infront of God when pride overtakes me. One of my very faithful friend took the courage to rebuke me when I once went through a prideful incident and glory to God coz He uses such people to sharpen me more. And because we seek God's heart alone, we should be humble enough to keep to ourselves what we do for others and most importantly for God. Why? Coz if you truly are after His heart, you are already satisfied with the fact that the Father hears and sees everything that you do for Him such as fasting and praying (except for prayer movements). Even if your motives are right, you should also know that God already knows your heart's motives so why not just be silent (for personal only)? Maximize your faith and potentials. Wise people think before they speak and act. I always stand corrected so all comments are welcome. Kindly visit this site: http://www.crosswalk.com/1381847/page1/

"The trouble with steeling yourself against the harshness of reality is that the same steel that secures your life against being destroyed secures your life also against being opened up and transformed by the holy power that life itself comes from." ~Frederick Buechner, Presbyterian minister and American writer

"Let any man turn to God in earnest, let him begin to exercise himself unto godliness, let him seek to develop his powers of spiritual receptivity by trust and obedience and humility, and the results will exceed anything he may have hoped in his leane" ~ Aiden Wilson Tozer

"A man who is eating or lying with his wife or preparing to go to sleep in humility, thankfulness and temperance, is, by Christian standards, in an infinitely higher state than one who is listening to Bach or reading Plato in a state of pride." ~C.S. Lewis

"The unassuming youth seeking instruction with humility gains good fortune." ~Joseph Addison

"A sarcastic person has a superiority complex that can be cured only by the honesty of humility." ~ Lawrence G. Lovasik

Pride is when you make more excuses when you are corrected and you do not listen and ask. You talk more. You try to hurt the other person too (but you can't) by trying to find faults instead of just humbly accepting your mistakes. Pride is when you do not ask what was your fault but you simply pinpoint a mistake (indirectly) that you 'think' the other person has done, well, in fact, it was all you but you couldn't admit it. Give it up. God loves a humble spirit. How do i know? Because I am prideful at times and from observations too. I know one when i talk to one because pride overtakes me at times.

(February 16, 2008)

No comments: