Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beloved Little Children

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

I love cute, little children but I've learned to love even the disabled and the abandoned after GOD gave me the heart. We need not to be choosy with which kids to entertain and give our love to. Now, when I see little children, I see cute, little angels of God. Whether they are black or white, skinny or fat, naughty or shy, disabled or not. If Jesus Himself do not choose which little ones to entertain, we should be the same. All are very precious in GOD's eyes. No favoritism. I believe that's why my mom chose the name 'Precious Minds' for their school. All are very special.

Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."

I deal with children everyday. Not only one but more than 50. hahaha! They're adorable. It's amazing to see naughty, disrespectful kids respect you because of the respect you give to them. The innocence seen in their eyes is incomparable. I believe I was like that when I was little. hehehe! Little children know how to apply the Golden Rule for they do what is only done to them. If you show love and respect, they'll show it back to you. The faith and love they give is very genuine. When they give it, they give it to the full effect. That's why Jesus talked about us having a faith of that of the little children.

Matthew 18:2-6
He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

I have been a part of an organization wherein we deal with sexually exploited children and teenagers. It was tough. It was heartbreaking to know children are sexually abused. Some by their own parents and relatives. Some are physically abused. Some are abandoned just like the ones in the orphanages. We never measure love. The love we give to all the children we see should be equal because the kingdom of heaven is theirs.

Ate Cathy have shared about her experiences in an orphanage and in one of the communities in Manila. How those disabled little children long for attention and love. How those little children have the hunger to learn about so many things. I was moved by the stories. We should all offer time whenever we can to all of the little children we see for these children know how to appreciate kindness and love.

Matthew 18:10
"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."

We need not to be picky because of appearance, odor, attitude, their upbringing or even reputation for all of them deserve our love. They don't have faults coz of what they have or who they are. We're pleasing our GOD alone anyway, right?

My youngest sister once told us a story of her when she was little. A very clear memory of an angel in the sky playing a harp. It's a proof that babies really see angels. So when a baby stares at you, be blessed for you have angels around you.

Cody and I were talking about babies before. He told me that all babies are cute. More so, they're all beautiful. I couldn't believe how a man would think that way. I was amazed with that thinking and from then on, it never departed my memory. Just like what he shared to me last week, 'touch some hearts.'

I would say, 'touch some little children's hearts now.' Love them all equally!

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale.

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: